Brussels sprouts

Food of the gods. Love sprouts me.

Mind I find they make me trump more frequently and more repulsively the older I get. I don’t mind that, but the rest of the house are less sanguine on the subject.

See they're trying to jazz them up with onion and bacon etc on the chefy programs
Bollocks to Cheffy programs.
Anyone who knows anything about Brussel Sprouts knows not to boil the buggers.
Roast them 200c for 20 mins with a bit of olive oil, garlic, chopped chestnut and maybe a bit of Apple purée.

In the spring try them with Asperge

They sre

Amazing when cooked correctly. Absolutely awful when boiled to a mush.
Spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Christmassy but recently I've been blitzing them in the food processor and stir frying with garlic and white wine vinegar in sesame oil.

Lusherooney

Might give roasting them a gan this year. This is the first time we are having dinner at home so fancy something different to the usual sprouts boiled within an inch of their life

Might give roasting them a gan this year. This is the first time we are having dinner at home so fancy something different to the usual sprouts boiled within an inch of their life
Always roast ours (as we do with all our Xmas veg). Couple of trays of sprouts, carrots, turnip, parsnips and onions drizzled in olive oil with plenty of garlic and herbs. Much better than boiled veg.

Back