Brummy accent likely to be discriminated against

I'm not convinced. In fact, I think posh Geordies would look down on my accent as being common, while other parts of the country don't automatically see it as a class distinction, just assume we all sound like that, rich or poor.

Along with Indian accents.

Other regional accents also likely to potentially hold you back in some eyes whereas a RP or North American accent is most likely to be perceived favourably.
Would that be the fiona Hill who comes from the famous Newcastle suburb know as Durham?

Was out all night on Monday with a Wolverhampton lad as part of our group with a typically broad West Midlands accent.
After the first 5/10 minutes you soon get used to it.
If he’d turned out to be a bit of a dick I can imagine it grating far far more though.

I like the welsh accent. Essex is canny too. Geordie is honestly the worst with Scottish a close second imo.

“ ah yes , Mr Smallheath - sorry you didn’t get the job despite being the best candidate and likely to make the company lots of profit- your a nice person and a wonderful leader.

After long consideration we ve given the job to Mr Hemel - Hempstead... he has non of your attributes but has a lovely accent.

May we wish you every success in finding suitable employment “

Yours Faithfully
Mr. Stupid f***ing Manager.

“ ah yes , Mr Smallheath - sorry you didn’t get the job despite being the best candidate and likely to make the company lots of profit- your a nice person and a wonderful leader.

After long consideration we ve given the job to Mr Hemel - Hempstead... he has non of your attributes but has a lovely accent.

May we wish you every success in finding suitable employment “

Yours Faithfully
Mr. Stupid f***ing Manager.
You're

The Walsall accent makes most Brummies sound like Terry Wogan. They pronounce pound "pee-yound" its ridiculous but wierdly enough oddly satisfying. The worst accent in the country is chavs from the south coast trying to sound like Cockneys. f***ing grim. They deserve been discrminated against

I sound like a cross between Bob Mortimer and Neil from the young ones so I've been told. One guy off here said I sounded like Bob Mortimer after I posted a link to me speaking on the radio about aliens. I do have a sense of humour a bit like Bob as obviously I'm daft as a brush.

Back