Bruce Springsteen

The Seegar Sessions album was brilliant, however it was 12 hrs ago.
Aye, that was alright. Mind I haven't got it. I enjoyed the BBC special performance of it though. Was on the red button a lot round the time. I thought it was longer than 12 years ago mind... just checked, 2006 - 16 years!

That 'west coast pop' album he did recently was pap.

:lol: He's not is he?

He's not very good when he tries his hand at other things. His quality filter's been on the blink in recent decades.
His first two albums were brilliant and not very "Bruce"

I prefer an artist to do something different and fail miserably than trot out versions of stuff they have done in the past.

Lou Reed being my favourite artist and one who could get it spectacularly wrong. :lol: :lol:

I admire Robert Plant for just doing what he enjoys even though some of it is terrible (to my ears)

I prefer an artist to do something different and fail miserably than trot out versions of stuff they have done in the past.

Lou Reed being my favourite artist and one who could get it spectacularly wrong. :lol: :lol:

I admire Robert Plant for just doing what he enjoys even though some of it is terrible (to my ears)
I'm probs being harsh really. I just think he missed the mark with Western Stars -or a maybe I just don't like it.

Wrecking Ball from about 10 years ago is a cracking album, and in reality a world away from Born To Run.

I'm probs being harsh really. I just think he missed the mark with Western Stars -or a maybe I just don't like it.

Wrecking Ball from about 10 years ago is a cracking album, and in reality a world away from Born To Run.
I came to Bruce when Darkness came out then quickly bought the albums prior. I loved the first two and there are still parts of songs that give me chills.

I haven't listened to much after USA and I think I'll have a post USA Springsteen Sunday.

I came to Bruce when Darkness came out then quickly bought the albums prior. I loved the first two and there are still parts of songs that give me chills.

I haven't listened to much after USA and I think I'll have a post USA Springsteen Sunday.
I don't like the post-USA pre-Rising 'other band' interim. '90s Bruce is pretty gash. It took Al Qaeda to give him a kick up the arse.

Last edited:
:lol: He's not is he?

He's not very good when he tries his hand at other things. His quality filter's been on the blink in recent decades.

Yep, a covers album is being released. Expected to be a "single" released imminently with the album dropping in November

Rumoured tracks include the likes of What Becomes of the Broken Hearted (Jimmy Ruffin), I Wish it Would Rain (The Temptations), Someday We'll Be Together (Diana Ross and The Supremes) and Nighshift (Commodores)

Yep, a covers album is being released. Expected to be a "single" released imminently with the album dropping in November

Rumoured tracks include the likes of What Becomes of the Broken Hearted (Jimmy Ruffin), I Wish it Would Rain (The Temptations), Someday We'll Be Together (Diana Ross and The Supremes) and Nighshift (Commodores)
Imagine the uproar if this upcoming tour's setlist is dominated by Western Stars and the soul album. :lol:

Imagine the uproar if this upcoming tour's setlist is dominated by Western Stars and the soul album. :lol:

Would be quite happy to hear him play a few tracks of Western Stars actually. Was spinning it again just last week actually. :)
With some 'Working on a Dream' outtakes for additional fury. I'm finding so many reasons now for regretting purchasing Paris/Copenhagen x2/Hamburg/Edinburgh tickets

Funnily enough, the state of the economy at the moment and the mess that is being made by the Tories (which doesn't look like changing) has had me questioning whether I should look to sell my tickets for Munich next summer. Would prefer to go there rather than Hyde Park but the costs are going to go up and up to travel it seems :-(

Last edited:
Unofficial reports suggest a soul covers album. 'Leaked' tracklisting........i

Logon or register to see this image
By his own admission he doesn’t have the greatest voice so to even attempt this seems ridiculous.

And I’m a massive fan.

The first two were the original Bruce sound. He was signed to Columbia on the strength of singing 3 songs in an office to an exec and then an acoustic set in front of 11 pissed people.

They didn’t realise he was capable to rocking a stadium.

Last edited:
The first two were the original Bruce sound. He was signed to Columbia on the strength of singing 3 songs in an office to an exec and then an acoustic set in front of 11 pissed people.

They didn’t realise he was capable to rocking a stadium.
One of them was Mary Queen of Arkansas mind. Hammond must have taken a phone call or summit during that one.

Springsteen had been rockin' audiences since the late '60s. I think he knew exactly what he was capable of.
Would be quite happy to hear him play a few tracks of Western Stars actually. Was spinning it again just last week actually. :)
I've just put it on for reassessment.
With some 'Working on a Dream' outtakes for additional fury. I'm finding so many reasons now for regretting purchasing Paris/Copenhagen x2/Hamburg/Edinburgh tickets
Working On A Dream was a bad album like. Like I said earlier, faulty filter.

Last edited:
Springsteen had been rockin' audiences since the late '60s. I think he knew exactly what he was capable of.
They genuinely didn't.

I'm currently reading his book and part of the reason he fell out with them because they never watched him play with a band in the first two years of him signing - they kept booking him to play by himself or one or two others at a time,

They genuinely didn't.

I'm currently reading his book and part of the reason he fell out with them because they never watched him play with a band in the first two years of him signing - they kept booking him to play by himself or one or two others at a time,
Ahh I misread ya post. I thought ya meant Bruce didn't know what he was capable of himself.

I've read the book like, if you mean Born To Run. I don't recall that bit.

Back