Bruce Springsteen

:lol: You do realise I was winding you up? ;)

That said - Bruce is no stranger to a good chorus and a hook. That's where Pearl Jam fall short for me.

Remember when London turned him off man. :rolleyes: Fuckin' arseholes.

I'd love to see him abroad.

South American crowds look wild like. I got me sister the AC/DC at River Plate Blu-ray and they're absolutely fuckin' bouncing.

I've come across a few foreign fans and Springsteen gigs and they've all been completely insane. :lol:
With Paul McCartney on stage too :eek:

I was there that night, it was weird as Bruce kept playing as he presumably couldn’t tell that the sound was off

I think it was the last time that event was held at Hyde park (moved to Olympic stadium the year after) so the residents of Mayfair got their way.

It created a great moment at his next show in Dublin though when they came out and launched back into twist and shout mid song
:cool:

Next tour I’m going abroad definitely. I’d look to fo either

Barcelona
Milan
Gothenburg

if and it’s a big if I can swing a US trip it would have to be either

NYC
Jersey
Philadelphia

Saw him at Fenway Park in 2003. Me and Mrs. Dee. We didn't have tickets but went to the ticket office about 10:00 am on the morning of the concert and waited to see what happened. We knew that tickets are held back for sale on the day. About 16:00 the ticket office opened and we were almost first through the door.
It was a strange seating arrangement for a sporting stadium, it looked like there was no seating on the actual diamond.
Cos we had just arrived in Boston on the Friday and spending all day sitting on the steps of the ticket office the concert just seemed to pass me by.
We had a great laugh during the day talking to other fans and locals I remember one guy asking if we had a favorite pizza. Then about 10 minutes later a delivery van pulls up and delivers about 20 pizzas. He paid for them and wouldn't take any money.

Barcelona
Milan
Gothenburg

NYC
Jersey
Philadelphia
I'd recommend Helsinki too if you're going to wherever he plays in Sweden. Did this in 2012, both Gothenburg gigs then onto Finland via Stockholm, train and ferry.

what a trip mate. Yeah anywhere in Scandinavia would be great ( apart from the beer prices ! )
I'd like to do a little trip but to indoor arenas, maybe towards the East of Europe. Yes, the tickets are trickier to get but it's worth it. I'm not sure how many massive tours he has left in him, bless him.

I'd like to do a little trip but to indoor arenas, maybe towards the East of Europe. Yes, the tickets are trickier to get but it's worth it. I'm not sure how many massive tours he has left in him, bless him.

Small indoor shows would be something else. I got tickets through the ballet for one broadway’ but put them back in the pot for financial reasons.
I watched it on Netflix day it came out and just couldn’t get over how good it was. Kick myself every day for not taking the debt and going.

Small indoor shows would be something else. I got tickets through the ballet for one broadway’ but put them back in the pot for financial reasons.
I watched it on Netflix day it came out and just couldn’t get over how good it was. Kick myself every day for not taking the debt and going.
I did exactly the same for Kraftwerk, which I'm sure you'll appreciate, for MOMA nights 1 and 3 in New York, 2012. Was a toss up between affording that and the 2012 Springsteen jaunt the same year which I mentioned earlier. Thankfully managed Kraftwerk tickets for Tate Modern in 2013.

Barcelona
Milan
Gothenburg

NYC
Jersey
Philadelphia

Identical wishlist :cool:
Saw him at Fenway Park in 2003. Me and Mrs. Dee. We didn't have tickets but went to the ticket office about 10:00 am on the morning of the concert and waited to see what happened. We knew that tickets are held back for sale on the day. About 16:00 the ticket office opened and we were almost first through the door.
It was a strange seating arrangement for a sporting stadium, it looked like there was no seating on the actual diamond.
Cos we had just arrived in Boston on the Friday and spending all day sitting on the steps of the ticket office the concert just seemed to pass me by.
We had a great laugh during the day talking to other fans and locals I remember one guy asking if we had a favorite pizza. Then about 10 minutes later a delivery van pulls up and delivers about 20 pizzas. He paid for them and wouldn't take any money.

thats almost the best thing about touring. the crack around the stadium in the day or so before the show. made lots of friends.

Last edited:
I did exactly the same for Kraftwerk, which I'm sure you'll appreciate, for MOMA nights 1 and 3 in New York, 2012. Was a toss up between affording that and the 2012 Springsteen jaunt the same year which I mentioned earlier. Thankfully managed Kraftwerk tickets for Tate Modern in 2013.

That would have been something else mate. I didn’t get Tate tickets as just couldn’t get through on phone. luckily they played Scotland tear later which I did see. For the gig at the sage I took no chances and qued up outside from 5am !

The documentary film on Apple TV is tremendous as well.

Worth watching for Bruce, Stevie and Patti during "If I Was the Priest" alone.

Back