Broken ankle

@de Ruyter Any tips for walking in the stupid boot 🫤

Got my cast off during the week, no
Physio just been told to crack on!
Progress! Same with the physio.

Still aches sometimes and stiff like

As for the boot, I found uphill a bit awkward and uneven surfaces and steps 😐. Just a case of clomping and getting used to it! Any idea how long?

Progress! Same with the physio.

Still aches sometimes and stiff like

As for the boot, I found uphill a bit awkward and uneven surfaces and steps 😐. Just a case of clomping and getting used to it! Any idea how long?
They didn’t even say at the hospital, I had to actually ring to remind them the cast was due off as they forgot to send me an appointment.

I’m just going backwards and forwards in the house at the minute my hips seem uneven so I’m trying with a wedge sandal on the other foot.

They didn’t even say at the hospital, I had to actually ring to remind them the cast was due off as they forgot to send me an appointment.

I’m just going backwards and forwards in the house at the minute my hips seem uneven so I’m trying with a wedge sandal on the other foot.
Quite a heavy thing too in a way

Then the inner sock thingy gets a bit mingy!

Woman near me still has one on. 12 weeks I think she said

Quite a heavy thing too in a way

Then the inner sock thingy gets a bit mingy!

Woman near me still has one on. 12 weeks I think she said
Aye might have to get the febreze out.

I’ve been in a cast 6 weeks so I’m hoping I don’t need long on the boot, mind my ankle is still pretty swollen.

Threw mine in the washer on a quick low temp cycle. Came out ok. Is it still sore?
Aye I took the dressings off yesterday not a pretty sight where the plates and screws have gone in, but it will heal.

Honestly dunno how I’m gonna cope without the boot the thought of putting it to the floor scares the shit out of me.

Back