Broadway - Stirks

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Oli Wagkz, Nov 8, 2018.

1. gillythedilf

gillythedilf Striker

luvulongtime likes this.
  2. luvulongtime

luvulongtime Striker

:lol: greene king own the broadway where he is now

3. Fletch

Fletch Striker

The grounds behind are owned by the church . Can’t we just leave pubs to be pubs though instead of families eating

Toby ruined the Barnes , it’s not really a pub anymore

andy and Butcher's Coat like this.
  4. luvulongtime

luvulongtime Striker

the Barnes is shite one of the best locations in town,dancefloor upstairs, big carpark,restaurant and bar and a closed bar used for storage ffs it should be a goldmine

5. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Not if they're making no money.

6. Fletch

Fletch Striker

It was in the 80s , bullbait, ideal location also

Suppose a caterer could use the front conservatory bit in Rosedene or the room upstairs but if it’s the main bar room it be last I go in , kids running about and all that shite

luvulongtime likes this.
  7. luvulongtime

luvulongtime Striker

hope not it's exactly the kick up the arse the Rosedene needs the management has been sloppy for years

i know mate it's almost as if it's been deliberately run down closing the bar on the side wtf

muggboots and gillythedilf like this.
  8. Fletch

Fletch Striker

The Barnes (prior to Toby ) was far more popular than the Rosedene

Cee Jay and RichD like this.
  9. the boot

the boot Midfield

Well they have just brought a new manager in from Scotland and given her a big budget for the food and have a planned refurb. No mention of stirks. I’m sure if it were true they would be advertising it because of the success of the broadway. Surely?

FannyByTheGaslight likes this.
  10. RichD

RichD Striker

This..

the boot likes this.
  11. Fletch

Fletch Striker

Aye it’s a real shame the Barnes can’t be taken over

Is the Rosedene brewery owned or private ? It’s definitely not as popular as 5-10 year back when it suddenly had a boom period with the 30/40s crowd

12. luvulongtime

luvulongtime Striker

i'm only saying what i got told in march,they were looking for a team to take it over and they were asked if they were interested @gillythedilf is related and he's said the same so you can believe it or not

gillythedilf likes this.
  13. muggboots

muggboots Striker

That last Manageress they put in nearly shut the place down. :lol:

I went in the other week and I thought they'd made a mistake. My Guinness was about a quid cheaper than the Ivy.

The stuck up arsehole crowd swapped pubs from one to the other almost overnight.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    the dark one and the boot like this.
  14. the boot

the boot Midfield

They did and they also toyed with a few other ideas. But they have gone for new manager with big budget and a revamp. Lovely lass too renouned for turning pubs around. Wether it works mind is a different matter. Either way al be in most days.

She did aye. She was a menace, she upset most of the locals.

FannyByTheGaslight and muggboots like this.
  15. Fletch

Fletch Striker

<< glass collector

FannyByTheGaslight likes this.
  16. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Pubs for a few blokes buying 3 pints in are long gone. Not when you can sell 3 pints and 3 dinners to a family without much more effort. Makes no sense.

Two million voices and the boot like this.
  17. gillythedilf

gillythedilf Striker

@the boot it was true in the spring there was discussion

the boot and luvulongtime like this.
  18. the boot

the boot Midfield

I know mate. They were gonna take the lad from the flying boat too but from what I can gather and heard from staff it’s this new lass they went with. TBH in all the pub game never believe out till it happens.

I wish. At least I’d take money out the place.

Valued customer mate that’s all.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    gillythedilf likes this.
  19. The Butcher

The Butcher Winger

Yeah but the Rosedene has the separate bit, best of both worlds. Food, footy, good beers decent price, good atmos, not hard is it?

20. Old Prestonian

Old Prestonian Striker

It's due to the smoking ban. Since they took the ashtrays out there's nowhere to hoy the car keys.

the dark one, muggboots and Wilfy like this.