Broadway shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a classic. Far better than the likes of Wicked IMO.
It was the longest 6 hours of me life. I can't remember how long it actually was like. But it felt like 6 hours. The single only good thing about it was the bit I'd already heard anyway - the main theme song.

It was the longest 6 hours of me life. I can't remember how long it actually was like. But it felt like 6 hours. The single only good thing about it was the bit I'd already heard anyway - the main theme song.

Surely you'd heard more than one song from that like? Each to their own like, but I thought it was fantastic, the Phantom had been doing it for 20 years or something.

Surely you'd heard more than one song from that like? Each to their own like, but I thought it was fantastic, the Phantom had been doing it for 20 years or something.
I can't get by "singing" a story to no specific tune. Which a lot of it was.

I saw Godspell and JC Superstar as a youngun and loved them both. Stands to reason that I should go all the way to Broadway as an adult to see Phantom, and hate it. I think it was about '98.

I can't get by "singing" a story to no specific tune. Which a lot of it was.

I saw Godspell and JC Superstar as a youngun and loved them both. Stands to reason that I should go all the way to Broadway as an adult to see Phantom, and hate it. I think it was about '98.

I know what you mean mate, usually I hate it, especially on films, but I really enjoyed Phantom on Broadway.

We went to see School of Rock in September - pretty good. Find out what deals are on for the day you want to go and get them from the theatre. We got better seats for the same price as the discount place and didn't have to stand in the massive queue.

I booked tickets online (think I just googled - can't remember site used) as a last minute decision once I was there. Managed to get mid-week matinee tickets for Phantom. About 3 rows back as well - price wasn't that bad. It was tremendous!

Matilda isn't on anymore, finished on New Year's Day unfortunately.

Narrowed it down to Hamilton (no chance), Lion King, Book of Mormon or The Present but to book now you're talking £100 each.

Lion King and Mormon are in London and you can get tickets for £30 at the minute.

Had considered others like Phantom coz I haven't seen it but it's not on the Sunday when we wanna go

Last edited:
Got mine from TKTS on the day (about half hour wait). Choice is limited so don't set your heart on something in particular to avoid disappointment.

I ended up with tickets for Something Rotten which I enjoyed.

Saw my first Broadway show a year ago when we went to see "A View From The bridge" at the Lyceum Theatre which I think is the oldest theatre on Broadway. It was a fabulous play starring Britain's Mark Strong and Nicola Walker. We bought the tickets through Broadwaybox.com.

Matilda isn't on anymore, finished on New Year's Day unfortunately.

Narrowed it down to Hamilton (no chance), Lion King, Book of Mormon or The Present but to book now you're talking £100 each.

Lion King and Mormon are in London and you can get tickets for £30 at the minute.

Had considered others like Phantom coz I haven't seen it but it's not on the Sunday when we wanna go

generally the day shows don't operate so you will be very limited. why do think things like live at the palladium and awards shows are always sundays.... cos the theatres are free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back