Broadway shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeLonge

Aye, another New York thread :lol:

Off there in a few days, can anyone recommend a show to go and see one night? What's the best way to get tickets?

bit short notice to get any tickets for the big shows...

might help in that its a bit of the off season in the winter. you could try at the actual ticket offices at the theatre for returns...

Off there in a few days, can anyone recommend a show to go and see one night? What's the best way to get tickets?

TKTS on the day, or one of the many websites offering cut price tickets in advance.

I'd recommend Phantom if it's still going.

bit short notice to get any tickets for the big shows...

might help in that its a bit of the off season in the winter. you could try at the actual ticket offices at the theatre for returns...
Really? Bollocks.

I dunno why I never thought about them selling out :lol:

I found that actually going to the theatre itself to be easiest and cheapest way

Went to see hairspray, was reasonably decent
I'll be flapping too much incase I can't get any :lol:

Just seen Cate Blanchett is doing one called The Present which you can get tickets for between $80-100 and seems to have decent reviews. Would rather see one of the musicals though - apparently Hamilton is sold out until October!

You can buy some tickets over here. We bought tickets for Les Mis on Lastminute.com I think.

Go to the theatre at opening time on the day of the show - they more often than not will have some returns or 'spares'.

There's this, but also if there's some places which do a matinee and an evening, there are some which do a lottery.
When we went to see Matilda on Broadway, we put in for the raffle for the evening. If you win, you have to buy the tickets, but they're usually cheaper.
I think we ended up paying about $50 if that for 2 tickets.

You can buy some tickets over here. We bought tickets for Les Mis on Lastminute.com I think.

There's this, but also if there's some places which do a matinee and an evening, there are some which do a lottery.
When we went to see Matilda on Broadway, we put in for the raffle for the evening. If you win, you have to buy the tickets, but they're usually cheaper.
I think we ended up paying about $50 if that for 2 tickets.
Just been looking at the lotteries. Most of the big ones do them so might give that a bash but apparently it's a 350/1 chance.

Just been looking at the lotteries. Most of the big ones do them so might give that a bash but apparently it's a 350/1 chance.

Depends how many people turn up to be fair. When we did it, everyone got a ticket - but we must have timed it just right

No chance of getting Hamilton.

When I was there in December there seemed to be a lot of tickets for School Of Rock (which is a couple of doors down from Ellen's Stardust Diner, which I tolerated and Mrs Exile loved)

Been loadsa times and always get me tkts at Time Square on the day.
Downside:Means you can wait in line for 30 mins (sometimes more) and you get what's left.
Upside: Abt half the price of booking in advance and you get to people watch at Times Square while you wait.

https://www.tdf.org/nyc/7/TKTS-ticket-booths

If the one at South Street port authority is still open then the queues used to be smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back