Broadhead.

Not necessarily. If he and the coaches can learn to understand his body and how to create a training schedule around it like we did with Kirchoff, there's no reason why he can't have decent career.

In terms of finishing, there can't be many better than him at this level.
AN seemed to suggest Broadhead didn’t fancy playing unless fully fit. He was great when he played last season but we need players prepared to play when 80% fit. Most players play through niggles and knocks otherwise they would miss more games than they played - a bit like Broadhead does.

Think we will have to leave this one to club on grounds of if he is always doing hamstrings then no good and if he mentally struggles thinking he is gonna pull his hamstrings then again no good.

Could just be summit they work on but could be complex.

I mentioned on here before about getting ex international sprinters I.e. Darren Campbell, to help him deal with his physical and psychological issues concerning his hamstrings. They will have had to come through similar issues during their careers so could advise and assist in how to get/keep him right. But if all he can offer is "I can maybes give you 30 minutes boss" then it's a no from me and let's move on.
Just needs to work with the right strength and conditioning coach imo. Embleton went to a bloke called Martin Nugent and that seems to have worked well

Broadhead is 100% worth the risk. When he’s fit he’s a game changer. Considering we will be needing a few strikers anyways we would be mad to let a rival sign him. Stewart will be the main man, add Broadhead and someone on loan like Archer I would be more then happy with the striking options
100% this, as long as we also sign another player capable of playing up front as well.

I think it’s the ‘injury doubts’ that makes him possible right now. No?

If not, I think he’d be prem standard and sat on Everton’s bench next season and pushing for minutes.

Obviously I know bugger all generally, so won’t be surprised if i’m wrong.

Think we will have to leave this one to club on grounds of if he is always doing hamstrings then no good and if he mentally struggles thinking he is gonna pull his hamstrings then again no good.

Could just be summit they work on but could be complex.

I'd leave it. Obvious quality but 'think it would be the better move to focus on players you can rely on to be fit.

Everton will know how good he is and will be in the same quandary as we are

No one can predict the future

He could end up a world beater or retired by 25 through injuries

Scored 10 in 20 - limited by injuries but for the right price, he still offers something.

Keep him fit and you have something special imo.

He’s class, imo.

His injury problems seem to be more of a mental thing as well, so if we can work with him to get over that, he’ll comfortably score goals in the Championship.

Back