Broadhead.

But not as big as us.
They are more succesful than us but size wise there’s not much in it considering how much we’ve done as a club to discourage fans since WW2. Let’s see how their big move goes before we come to a definitive conclusion. Hopefully we’ll be back in the PL by then and pondering extending the ground.
We only play one up top so I can only see another coming in plus Broadhead
Aye. One up top only requires 3 first team squad players. Allows the wage saved playing 2 from 4 to be spent elsewhere and strikers tend to be the highest earners as a plodding midfielder won’t earn as much as a plodding forward.

Last edited:
If that’s true I suppose it depends on whether Broadhead thinks he’s got a chance to make Everton’s first team.

If not I think we’ve got a decent chance of getting him here. That said we don’t need another Borini type saga where we chase a player who has zero interest in coming back here.
Deluded if he thinks he will
But not as big as us.
Well they are like stop being silly

Apparently Broadhead is 'very cautious' of playing if he doesn't feel 100% 'fit' .

It's a mental thing aswel with the lad about his niggles.
A shame but maybe not surprising after all the injuries he's had, including those before he came to us.
Hope he gets plenty of professional counselling, he doesn't want to end up like Rodwell did.

He would be mental to turn down a chance to play for us in the Championship.

He will know he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting into Everton's squad either. He's 24 and can't string a run of games together in League 1.

Pretty certain he'll sign like. 300k or so.

He comes from Bangor near Wales. Liverpool is literally round the corner. Moving to Sunderland wouldn’t be ideal for him geographically. On top of that you have an insane amount of hamstring injuries. For me I think we should look elsewhere. Not doubting his ability, but there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Wonder how much they would want for a player that clearly would not get anyway near their starting XI, and only had a year left on his contract.

I'm hoping a really low fee (possibly a free), but then a decent sell on % for them to make it worth their while.
That sounds about right mate, maybe around the £1-2m mark with a sell on clause. A fair deal for both clubs I reckon. Can see a few other Champ clubs interested, but our stock has risen a lot recently so we won't be getting gazumped by the likes of MK dons or Burton, or their equivalents in the champ like QPR or Blackpool etc. I'd imagine that Nathan loved his time here and would grab the chance to join us permanently.

Is he really injury prone or did he just have a bad time this season?
He just had a bad time last season being injury prone....
Other than those fortunate enough to be on the radars of the top 4, most players don't give a toss about the size of a club they're signing for. It all comes down to wages as the only thing that matters.

It's how you end up with the likes of Defoe at Bournemouth, Eriksen at Brentford etc.

Some don't even care about playing man! Look at past examples of Steve Harper at the Mags and Nigel Clough at Liverpool. Both could've walked into other teams - but were happy to pick up megabucks for effectively reserve team football.
Harper was the worst example ever of money grabbing. He was content to stay with the Skunks when they didn't even have a reserve team, so he was being paid only to train and warm the bench.

Last edited:
He comes from Bangor near Wales. Liverpool is literally round the corner. Moving to Sunderland wouldn’t be ideal for him geographically. On top of that you have an insane amount of hamstring injuries. For me I think we should look elsewhere. Not doubting his ability, but there are plenty more fish in the sea.
Most ludicrous post I have read for a while. Players move all over the world man. A 100 and odd miles to Sunderland isn't an issue. Do you think this was a stumbling block when henderson or pickford had to move to lpool?

Back