Broadband installation / Openreach query

So i've moved in to a new property 2 weeks ago took out an EE home broadband/ fibre contract, this came with a £50 fee as there was apparently no line in the house.

Openreach have been today and sorted it out, apparently it had been disconnected somehow on the telecomms pole, so nothing to do with an issue in the house.

EE have charged a £50 engineer visit fee when I took out the broadband, this is to cover some of the £130 Openreach fee they will be charged by BT.

Am I correct in thinking as the issue was on the telecomms pole on the street and not inside the property then it is in fact BT/ Openreach who are liable for this? So EE should not be getting charged anything and therefore should not be charging me?

Who cares. 🤷‍♂️

Got broadband now ain’t ya

Me, as it's £50 I could use on anything else.

Also no I do not have broadband now, apparently the telecomms pole hasn't been tested for access in 12 years so they need a truck with a cherrypicker kind of thing to come out. This could happen anytime this week.
He is a millennial who wants everything for nowt and will start a twitter campaign until the outcome is favourable.

Pathetic.

Justice4fm

Me, as it's £50 I could use on anything else.

Also no I do not have broadband now, apparently the telecomms pole hasn't been tested for access in 12 years so they need a truck with a cherrypicker kind of thing to come out. This could happen anytime this week.

Justice4fm
You should ask EE why you have been charged for a BT problem.

You should ask EE why you have been charged for a BT problem.

TBF, this was on signup almost 3 weeks ago as the systems were showing no live line in the property, I am assuming they thought there was an issue inside the property hence the fee.

I'm going to ring them when I'm back from work and tell them the issue was on the telecomms pole and that they won't be getting a £50 engineer fee from me as the liability lies with openreach themselves.

So i've moved in to a new property 2 weeks ago took out an EE home broadband/ fibre contract, this came with a £50 fee as there was apparently no line in the house.

Openreach have been today and sorted it out, apparently it had been disconnected somehow on the telecomms pole, so nothing to do with an issue in the house.

EE have charged a £50 engineer visit fee when I took out the broadband, this is to cover some of the £130 Openreach fee they will be charged by BT.

Am I correct in thinking as the issue was on the telecomms pole on the street and not inside the property then it is in fact BT/ Openreach who are liable for this? So EE should not be getting charged anything and therefore should not be charging me?

Bit shit that ee are charging you because bt charge them, considering BT own Ee.

TBF, this was on signup almost 3 weeks ago as the systems were showing no live line in the property, I am assuming they thought there was an issue inside the property hence the fee.

I'm going to ring them when I'm back from work and tell them the issue was on the telecomms pole and that they won't be getting a £50 engineer fee from me as the liability lies with openreach themselves.
That’s very assertive of you. Nice one.

Back