Broad finished?

Wonder if Jimmy let him go first?

Sounds like he was blind sided!
Overall a really good career no doubt about it. He will be missed.

Have to wonder about englands bowling attack summer 24 if hes gone. Jimmy is gone. Wood is crocked etc

Woakes will become the leader of the attack. Wood, Mahmood, Tongue, Potts all in line. It’s injuries that knacker us

Last edited:

Overall a really good career no doubt about it. He will be missed.

Have to wonder about englands bowling attack summer 24 if hes gone. Jimmy is gone. Wood is crocked etc
A really good career is something of an understatement mind. He’s 5th in all time test wickets.

His strike rate is amongst the best as well (look at Steyn mind)

Appreciate it's somewhat off topic, but I'm old enough to remember the great West Indies attacks of late 70s, early 80s... And they were magnificent, Roberts and Croft were particularly nasty. But a lot of cricketers who faced up to the WI quicks in country cricket (and they all played) reckon Sylvester Clarke was the most scary.

A really good career is something of an understatement mind. He’s 5th in all time test wickets.

His strike rate is amongst the best as well (look at Steyn mind)

Eye opener that. Nathan Lyon 8th all time leading wicket taker. Where did that come from. Southee, Herath got loads too. Mad

Appreciate it's somewhat off topic, but I'm old enough to remember the great West Indies attacks of late 70s, early 80s... And they were magnificent, Roberts and Croft were particularly nasty. But a lot of cricketers who faced up to the WI quicks in country cricket (and they all played) reckon Sylvester Clarke was the most scary.
And Patrick Patterson?

Marshall was fantastic chunks. Sneaky pace and the ability to move it off the pitch and in the air both ways

real master of the bowling art

My favourite along with Roberts, who I always felt could kill someone if he really fancied it.

I remember the first time I faced someone rapid, when the ball fizzes as it goes past your nose. I thought I was half decent til then.

Back