British Superbikes - Croft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarborough gold cup is a good chance for photos like that, it's on near the end of this month, can get closer to the action. Years since i was there mind. Try dropping your shutter speed from 1/800th to 1/125ish and pan with the bike. Maybe even pick a spot and pre focus on it manually before the bikes go by.

Tried all different shutterspeeds and panning, picking a spot etc, these were best pics.

Wasn't expecting miracles with the lens I'm using. Can't compete with the big guns.

Good pictures.

I think I would have knocked the exposure up a bit to reveal a bit more detail on the bikes. They are the subject so to me it wouldn't matter if the background was burned out.

There is a lot of light, but unfortunately its coming from behind the bikes!

Roger - did you click on the pics and view full size?

The speed they were going past I'm amazed I got a picture at all. The lens is an EF 80 - 200 and cost me £40 posted.

Yep, I looked at them full size, and like I said they are good photos.

I'll admit its a while since I calibrated my monitor, but from where I am sitting the dark areas have lost the detail. Not surprising really as the light is from behind.

I don't know if you did any exposure compensation or not when you took the photos and yes I am being critical - I'd be pleased with them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back