'British Jobs for British People'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason British people cant take low paid work is the cost of f***ing housing, immigration has a small impact on wages but the cost of housing is the main reason that people dont want to do low paid jobs! why cant anyone f***ing stand up and acknowledge this.
housing isn't that expensive outside of London like (bar the cotswolds and other posh places)

housing isn't that expensive outside of London like (bar the cotswolds and other posh places)
It is if you are single and you dont want to live in a shithole, it is probably for most people their biggest monthly outlay and if you are buying you have insurance, maintenance heating and lighting etc. etc.

It is if you are single and you dont want to live in a shithole, it is probably for most people their biggest monthly outlay and if you are buying you have insurance, maintenance heating and lighting etc. etc.
i've been single and lived in Gosforth. Now, if Gosforth is a shithole, what isn't?

edit: on minimum wage may i add

The reason British people cant take low paid work is the cost of f***ing housing, immigration has a small impact on wages but the cost of housing is the main reason that people dont want to do low paid jobs! why cant anyone f***ing stand up and acknowledge this.

That's only really relevant in the South East and certain pockets you can afford a property in parts of the North East with very little money

A nice sentiment it's a shame some businesses are struggling to find 'british' people to work when they're better off on benefits - the hotel industry is a prime example

When it comes down it, who really wants to pay an extra 10-20% for their already financially strenuous purchases, such as a new house or an extension just so they're paying home grown talent?

The world is globalising or better or worse (for the better, in my opinion). I honestly don't believe protectionism is a long-term strategy worth following.

Everywhere I work in the world our company is contractually obliged to employ a certain percentage of nationals. We often make up jobs for them.

I think it's a cracking idea.

Apart from a Town cryer or Pearly king and queen perhaps

The Immigrant filled job market exists because they do it better surely ?
better input/output ratio? not necessarily the output that is better, just British people 99 times out of 100 demand more for their services. whether British people's expectations are inflated or not is the question.

Better than Chinese jobs for British people, i'll be fucked if i'm going all the way over there to work.

better input/output ratio? not necessarily the output that is better, just British people 99 times out of 100 demand more for their services. whether British people's expectations are inflated or not is the question.
Its a conundrum,we want stuff to next to nowt,everyday stuff has never been cheaper,but for our work we want top dollar.I don't accept cheap labour is for a few fat cats to make more profit i think its driven by market pressure.

I'm still not sure what a British job is.
I take is as the british job market,ie all jobs really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back