British Airways retrojets

For anyone interested in aviation history....BA will be repainting some of its aircraft in historic liveries next month.

For some of us, that means the welcome return of BOAC.

Logon or register to see this image
Oh, flew in from Miami Beach B.O.A.C.
Didn't get to bed last night
On the way the paper bag was on my knee
Man I had a dreadful flight
I'm back in the U.S.S.R.
You don't know how lucky you are boy
Back in the U.S.S.R. (Yeah)
Been away so long I hardly knew the place

Some have been updated, flew to Dubai in December. Shit going out, nice coming back.

Yea the ones they are keeping on for a other 5 years have the updated interiors in economy and economy plus. The rest are due for retirement soon so not really worth refitting them.

I absolutely love flying on a 747 and actively book a longer layover in Heathrow if it means I get to fly on one rather than a 777. The A380 is nice but it's just not the same.

The fuckers need to update interior in the 747s it’s f***ing minging flying on them, I avoid them if at possible.
They are doing, the "Hi-J" 86 business class are all done and of the last 17 unrefurbished they're fully refurbishing 9 with new seats and IFE, 7 with less life planned left will have new covers and cushions only, and the odd one out is being made into bean cans after July.

Gone from the worst to the best in the fleet in economy and premium economy in terms of space and experience, expect possibly upstairs on the A380. No change to business or first (i.e. still a bit ratty) albeit deep cleaned

For anyone interested in aviation history....BA will be repainting some of its aircraft in historic liveries next month.

For some of us, that means the welcome return of BOAC.

Logon or register to see this image
Refitting JT9Ds as well by the look of it :cool::lol:

Last edited:
They are doing, the "Hi-J" 86 business class are all done and of the last 17 unrefurbished they're fully refurbishing 9 with new seats and IFE, 7 with less life planned left will have new covers and cushions only, and the odd one out is being made into bean cans after July.

Gone from the worst to the best in the fleet in economy and premium economy in terms of space and experience. No change to business or first (i.e. still a bit ratty)

BA first gets a lot of abuse but on a lot of North american routes its only an extra £500 return on top of business and is a far better experience. The space is private, the new catering is actually quite good and the champagne is a proper first class wine. It's not Emirates first class and doesn't have on board showers but then again its half the price so I don't know what people really expect.

id love that mind. the thought of a 3 hour flight to new york is insane. its literally time travel :lol:
In the right direction you land before you take off, and can have extra sunrise/set as it goes faster than the horizon.

Back