British airways amex.

SPUFF

Striker
anyone use one?

Got business class flights with my mate last week for next to nowt due to his points.

Sure I ditched amex about a decade back as loads didnt accept it. Is that no longer the case?

Thought 123 credit card was a good screw but cashback is about £80 a year which is nowt flash.

Had one for a few years, got 17,000 Avios to use up.

The Virgin Atlantic one was better but they changed the amount of points you get and what you can do with them.

Amex platinum cashback card is the one I use at the minute. Either get that or an amex Gold.

anyone use one?

Got business class flights with my mate last week for next to nowt due to his points.

Sure I ditched amex about a decade back as loads didnt accept it. Is that no longer the case?

Thought 123 credit card was a good screw but cashback is about £80 a year which is nowt flash.
Pretty much paid for business class to and from Barbados plus hotel for me the wife and the bairn

Champion. Ta lads. My mate had flights on it but wasnt sure how good it was for general buys.

Groceries/diesel n holidays will get me a canny free flight per year.

Ill give it a whirl.

I've got the platinum cashback one. Most supermarkets, chain petrol stations, high street stores etc., accept it. B&Q is the only chain I can think of who don't. I put most of my shopping on mine.

It depends in smaller and independent places as some do and some don't, but I have a Tesco Mastercard as back up as I collect points on that one too.

I've got the fee paying one - accepted as @becs says almost everywhere - more points per £ spent so if you're going use it for everything then it probably pays to take it - £10k secures a companion voucher

Thanks again.

Going airline instead of cashback which you feel less benefit of (sounds daft but a free flight a year each is a nice treat).

We put everything on our 123 card but now they’ve put a limit on the cash back I’ve been looking at where to move to.

Was looking at the Amex cash back which isn’t capped but was worried about people taking it. Sounds like most places do now?

Is the BA Avios one better than the standard cash back one then? Last time I had BA miles I could hardly spend them when I wanted.

Any other good cards out there?

We put everything on our 123 card but now they’ve put a limit on the cash back I’ve been looking at where to move to.

Was looking at the Amex cash back which isn’t capped but was worried about people taking it. Sounds like most places do now?

Is the BA Avios one better than the standard cash back one then? Last time I had BA miles I could hardly spend them when I wanted.

The 123 thing must have been about 6 month back. We were getting £18 or so off groceries alone per month now its about £3 ffs.

Yes Amex far more widely received now. Still a few knobheads who don’t take it but a quiet growl or obvious roll of my eyes tends to make me feel better.

Loads of places take Amex now, however there's the odd few claim to accept it, (usually chinese and indian restaurants in my experience) as per the stickers on their window/doors, then when you come to pay they mysteriously don't accept it, or the Amex card machine is broken. (Do they even use a different machine for Amex cards in some places)?

This also happened in Venice a few year ago - the restaurant indicated they accepted Amex, as per the Amex sticker on their door, cue a carry on when coming to pay, saying they didn't accept, however a card machine mysteriously appeared when ground was stood that no other means to pay were available. :lol:

Loads of places take Amex now, however there's the odd few claim to accept it, (usually chinese and indian restaurants in my experience) as per the stickers on their window/doors, then when you come to pay they mysteriously don't accept it, or the Amex card machine is broken. (Do they even use a different machine for Amex cards in some places)?

This also happened in Venice a few year ago - the restaurant indicated they accepted Amex, as per the Amex sticker on their door, cue a carry on when coming to pay, saying they didn't accept, however a card machine mysteriously appeared when ground was stood that no other means to pay were available. :lol:
Are the merchant fees more? Didn’t know that mind.

Used £150K points on 2 x First Class Returns to the US this Summer and quailified for second 2-4-1 ticket about 12 weeks after the first one, currently sitting on 155K points.

Trick is to sign up for BA Amex and also Amex Gold, have a family BA account, and get Amex Gold cards for family members too.

It’s a doddle to rack up the points if you work away and pay for flights and hotels before claiming back on expenses

Back