Bristol Rovers manager demands an apology

I thought they were asking for a foul when the second goal happened ffs! Didn’t realise they clashed their own heads and let Wyke have a clean run on goal. If Wyke was asked to kick the ball out and forego a tap in it would seem a mis-use of the rules designed to support player safety.

Ultimately they fucked up allowing the chance to happen and the pair of them aren’t injured anyway. A fair goal.

Their manager made this game about the ref in the press during the week before the match - he tried to influence the ref - I thought first half it worked - looking at the highlights it was such a clear penalty on O'Nien in the first half. The sending off was such a clear kick on Maguire regardless of provocation. Surely even their fans can see he's trying to deflect such a poor performance - they had on weak header on target all game and came out second half determined to not come in our half. They seem to have some decent players but a manager who is out of his depth - it would be good to get the view of a Rovers fan because to me it seems the manager is their problem.

Their manager made this game about the ref in the press during the week before the match - he tried to influence the ref - I thought first half it worked - looking at the highlights it was such a clear penalty on O'Nien in the first half. The sending off was such a clear kick on Maguire regardless of provocation. Surely even their fans can see he's trying to deflect such a poor performance - they had on weak header on target all game and came out second half determined to not come in our half. They seem to have some decent players but a manager who is out of his depth - it would be good to get the view of a Rovers fan because to me it seems the manager is their problem.
They are moaning about our"shithousery" ....well if they had seen how teams have come here, wasted time(like their goalie yesterday) , surrounded the ref , rolled all over and we had stood back and accepted it maybe they would understand if you cant beat them you need to sadly join them.
We played far too fair for many a game without any backing from referees who as has been said seemed to want to show they could handle crowds/venues like ours so gave us nothing.We even got that apology from the F.A. for some of their efforts!
Their manager said the ref was very very good first half...i wonder why?.For me they showed us too much respect sitting back and time wasting and got what they deserved.When the opposition do it , its to be expected when we do it its "shithousery". If the refs were stronger in the first place and managers did not try to influence referees before a ball is kicked maybe we would see less of the man in the middle and the game would flow(for both sides)

Spot on.

Back