Bristol Rovers manager demands an apology

Their manager made this game about the ref in the press during the week before the match - he tried to influence the ref - I thought first half it worked - looking at the highlights it was such a clear penalty on O'Nien in the first half. The sending off was such a clear kick on Maguire regardless of provocation. Surely even their fans can see he's trying to deflect such a poor performance - they had on weak header on target all game and came out second half determined to not come in our half. They seem to have some decent players but a manager who is out of his depth - it would be good to get the view of a Rovers fan because to me it seems the manager is their problem.
I read his comments on a link to a Bristol paper. The majority of them were laying into him and seeing right through his deflection efforts.

Shite reporting. They weren't going to grind out a result. There was 30 minutes left. We would have won anyways. Not by as many goals mind.

Talking about shite reporting, step up Phil Smith from the Echo.

“It had looked as if it could be a frustrating afternoon for the home side, but a red card for Abu Ogogo turned the tide and they seized the initiative superbly.”

Turned the tide ? There was only going to be one side that won yesterday, we were well on top and they rarely threatened our goal. The only question was going to be whether we could get the breakthrough.

“Turned the tide” is either factually incorrect or lazy journalism through an a (inappropriate) cliche.

Last edited:

Back