Bristol Rovers away ...

Sportsman is the only real option to get real numbers in one place near the ground. I'd love to go to the commercial rooms but seeing as I live by the ground there's no point going down to come back up. And yes, the buses will get worse as you get closer to kick off
The match day traffic can't make much difference like.
They only get about 7k home fans.

Gashead here in peace.
Enjoyed reading various threads in here and looking forward to the two games against you.
The Annexe/Sportsman welcomes away fans. Good beer and reasonably priced food. Plenty of home fans use it and are a friendly crowd. Take the Nevil road turn off of Gloucester road (sp for Gloucester county cricket ground. Pub a short distance along at the first side turning. Residential area but no parking restrictions, just don't park across any driveways. Approx 15 minute walk up Gloucester road to the ground.
Wellington on Gloucester road where we go is normally open to all fans, has been this season although in the past has been home fans only for some matches. Pompey, Plymouth fans etc were allowed in this season.
Again a friendly pub although no chanting ,/singing inside is a rule. Anybody who does so will be kicked out. Food good but a little pricey.
Plenty of room inside and out, big garden at the back and drinking out the front allowed.Five minute walk down to the ground.
All the other pubs on Gloucester road tend to be home fans only, also plenty of takeaways /restaurants in the area.
Residential parking as the Annexe, you will be towed away if you block any drives.
Happy to field any questions.
UTG!

f***ing hell, as decisive as ever, why the fuck are there 2 choices
Commercial is in the city centre and Sportsmen is by the ground. So I guess those arriving at Temple Meads may start at the first then move up to the second. If you’re in the car I reckon there’s not much point going into the centre first as it’s a hell of a trek back up Gloucester Road in the rush-hour traffic.

There are a large number of pubs around the city centre including a couple of spoons pubs (commercial rooms and v shed, 400yards apart).
Plenty of room for large numbers of away supporters and no Gasheads will be drinking in that area.
The Sportsman (Annexe) will have a good crowd of home supporters and room for some away but certainly not hundreds. It's advantage is that it is a fifteen minute walk from the ground, the city centre is a good hour walk but plenty of buses will be found across the city centre from the bottom of Corn street.
The Wellie(Wellington) can cope with large crowds and has a decent size beer garden at the back and is five minutes walk to the ground. It has been open to away supporters for every fixture this season.

Commercial is in the city centre and Sportsmen is by the ground. So I guess those arriving at Temple Meads may start at the first then move up to the second. If you’re in the car I reckon there’s not much point going into the centre first as it’s a hell of a trek back up Gloucester Road in the rush-hour traffic.

How far is one from the other?

Im flying from Belfast tomorrow night, still without a ticket, I left it too late for my usual sources. Im hoping to get one round the ground, we'll see!!
My fall back is to watch the Rugby!
I was there a few weeks back and Bristol is a a cracking night out.
Enjoy lads.....

Last edited:
Im flying from Belfast tomorrow night, still without a ticket, I left it too late for my usual sources. Im hoping to get one round the ground, we'll see!!
My fall back is to watch the Rugby!
I was there a few weeks back and Bristol is a a cracking night out.
Enjoy lads.....

There's one available if you need it, Sunderland section ;)

Back