Bristol City sack Johnson.

Indeed, sadly it seems the money's run out at Loftus Road after it was squandered in the early years Mr Fernandes was with you. Though you still have some very wealthy people on your board. You have a couple of exciting players in Eze and Chair but I fear they'll be gone before next season. Should be an interesting match at 'Boro tomorrow.
We will get beat 2-0 we have given up on the season
Agree on Eze be interesting to see where he goes in the summer
And your right Fernades has ruined the club but the board have been putting in a million pound a month to keep it going so I suppose you have to say fair play to that
Is anyone favourite for the job at Bristol City
I can see Keith Curle going there

Just driving past the two storey framed structure of the new training ground building at Failand this morning you realise that SL won't be leaving the next managerial appointment to chance.

The new training facility which will also house the u-23s is a multi-million pound development that will be ready in around 9 months. There is absolutely no way he has invested this kind of off-field money to employ a novice, or someone of limited experience, to run.

Bristol City is now a sizeable club and a sizeable project that requires a manager with plenty of experience at Championship and Premier League level. You can rule out the likes of Ryan Lowe and even the Paul Cook's of this world.

We need a manager who has achieved what we want to achieve, and has been where we want to be.

The timing is good. Within two weeks umpteen clubs will have parted company with their managers as the season draws to a close, and we have a head start on all of them.

The timing is interesting. SL was under no real pressure to fire LJ now. At the end of the season, maybe. But to have done it now, with no threat of relegation and only four games into the restart suggests we are going to act fast.

With a quick turnaround before next season starts (possibly end of September) the rest of this season could be treated as a mini pre-season. There is little merit in letting Holden continue for the next five games.

Getting our man in quickly and letting him assess the squad will give us an advantage over rivals who will be scrabbling around for a new manager in a matter of 2-3 weeks.

The squad is now a well-paid one with numerous multi-million pound signings. Again, you don't go after a manager with only L1/L2 experience to manage these types of players. Someone who will command the full respect of the senior players is required. Someone experienced. Someone proven.

SL has seen first-hand what a manager/coach with these credentials is capable of at Bristol Bears; and he likes what he sees.

Bristol City won't be able to attract a Pat Lam equivalent, he is one of the highest paid coaches in world rugby and the highest paid in the Premiership. But the success he is delivering, and the best is surely still to come, cannot be lost on SL.

We are a different beast to the club that LJ took over 4.5 years ago and a man for the occasion is needed. SL has got the timing right, has the infrastructure right, and now needs to be bold and go and get the right man for the job.

Just driving past the two storey framed structure of the new training ground building at Failand this morning you realise that SL won't be leaving the next managerial appointment to chance.

The new training facility which will also house the u-23s is a multi-million pound development that will be ready in around 9 months. There is absolutely no way he has invested this kind of off-field money to employ a novice, or someone of limited experience, to run.

Bristol City is now a sizeable club and a sizeable project that requires a manager with plenty of experience at Championship and Premier League level. You can rule out the likes of Ryan Lowe and even the Paul Cook's of this world.

We need a manager who has achieved what we want to achieve, and has been where we want to be.

The timing is good. Within two weeks umpteen clubs will have parted company with their managers as the season draws to a close, and we have a head start on all of them.

The timing is interesting. SL was under no real pressure to fire LJ now. At the end of the season, maybe. But to have done it now, with no threat of relegation and only four games into the restart suggests we are going to act fast.

With a quick turnaround before next season starts (possibly end of September) the rest of this season could be treated as a mini pre-season. There is little merit in letting Holden continue for the next five games.

Getting our man in quickly and letting him assess the squad will give us an advantage over rivals who will be scrabbling around for a new manager in a matter of 2-3 weeks.

The squad is now a well-paid one with numerous multi-million pound signings. Again, you don't go after a manager with only L1/L2 experience to manage these types of players. Someone who will command the full respect of the senior players is required. Someone experienced. Someone proven.

SL has seen first-hand what a manager/coach with these credentials is capable of at Bristol Bears; and he likes what he sees.

Bristol City won't be able to attract a Pat Lam equivalent, he is one of the highest paid coaches in world rugby and the highest paid in the Premiership. But the success he is delivering, and the best is surely still to come, cannot be lost on SL.

We are a different beast to the club that LJ took over 4.5 years ago and a man for the occasion is needed. SL has got the timing right, has the infrastructure right, and now needs to be bold and go and get the right man for the job.
Not sure any of your rivals will need a new manager, you should go for Hughton

Chris Coleman. Let's face it, you're almost Welsh in Bristol. ;)

Not sure any of your rivals will need a new manager, you should go for Hughton
Think Villa/Watford/West Ham will, possibly Fulham and Wednesday, I wouldn't be surprised to see Stoke & Boro competitive if they can sort themselves out too.

Slaviša Jokanović would be my choice.
Chris Coleman. Let's face it, you're almost Welsh in Bristol. ;)
I'll take that as a race hate comment :)
We're as much Welsh as you are mags.

Last edited:
Think Villa/Watford/West Ham will, possibly Fulham and Wednesday, I wouldn't be surprised to see Stoke & Boro competitive if they can sort themselves out too.

If villa went down i reckon them and Derby for automatic if they didn't go up.

My Great Grandfather was Welsh, I'll have you know. I thought you would have said Jocks, not Mags mind.

Streaky Lee

Mick McCarthy

Last edited by a moderator:
My Great Grandfather was Welsh, I'll have you know. I thought you would have said Jocks, not Mags mind.
Was going to say the Jocks but wasn't sure on your relationship with them, seem to get on from what I've seen?

Besides think Ashton Gate - Cardiff City Stadium is even closer than SOL - Sports Direct?

Streaky Lee

Mick McCarthy
Couldn't complain too much, 2 promotions to the prem. Can't say I'd be too excited though.
Scored about 1 in 4 for Bristol City though...
3 goals in 703 mins (8 games).

Nearly 1 in 2, whilst playing in a team that's won 0 in 11.

Makes Johnson run look even worse, Nakhi Wells & Benik Afobe up top and we can't buy a win.

Last edited:
Was going to say the Jocks but wasn't sure on your relationship with them, seem to get on from what I've seen?

Besides think Ashton Gate - Cardiff City Stadium is even closer than SOL - Sports Direct?

Hardly. It's 12 miles from Sunderland to Newcastle. Cardiff is at least 40 from Bristol. It's more like the distance to the Smoggies.

I think he did a reasonable job at Bristol City , but them now having more money to spend has probably done for him. Bristol City appear to be raising their bar in terms of aspirations and will be looking for a more high profile manager, someone similar to a Frank Lampard at Derby, maybe John Terry perhaps, or a foreign manager like a Bielsa , Farke or that bloke who was at Huddersfield when they were in the premier league

Last edited:

Back