Bristol City sack Johnson.

No, he has a record at all of his clubs of going on lengthy losing runs. He has been fortunate that all the boards have stood by him but finally his luck has run out.

Has he had a big budget for championship ? Some big clubs/budgets to compete with in the league , he’s came short of play offs but always thought he done well to get them where they are ...dont really see them as anything other than at best a play off club with slim chance of getting in prem ..he hasnt been far off

Johnson hasn't got them consistent enough, they either seem to be on a run of form where they have won 5 out of 6 or have lost 5 out of 6. That doesnt get you very far in that league

Indeed, at all the clubs he's managed he's been a streaky manager. His teams would go on unbeaten runs of a dozen matches followed by losing eight in a row. It's amazing he's lasted this long without an owner losing patience.

Indeed, at all the clubs he's managed he's been a streaky manager. His teams would go on unbeaten runs of a dozen matches followed by losing eight in a row. It's amazing he's lasted this long without an owner losing patience.
Definitely, I guess there probably is potential in him as a manager, but if I was an owner, then runs would put me off. He either has his team bang in form or out of form. Maybe he cant set teams up to get results when they are not playing well,?

Last edited:
Has he had a big budget for championship ? Some big clubs/budgets to compete with in the league , he’s came short of play offs but always thought he done well to get them where they are ...dont really see them as anything other than at best a play off club with slim chance of getting in prem ..he hasnt been far off
Their budget was decent for The Championship. Bristol City's owner is a wealthy man and a true supporter of the team; a rare combination these days as we, among many others, know only too well now.

Back