Bristol City Fan Perspective - LJ

Mate, you're poised already waiting to jump in with both feet, I mean if you're seriously setting a limit of 5 games that's up to you, but I find it ridiculous, this is going to be a long haul, and we all need to stick together, could be exciting times ahead.
Sorry like but there’s absolutely fuck all exciting about Lee Johnson.

In the modern world you’ve got all the tools you need to form a decent opinion on incoming managers and players. This bloke has done fuck all his entire career. All I can see from this appointment is disaster.

There’s no fans in the ground or owt like that so it makes no odds what the fans are saying.

Well that has cheered me up 😂

He needs to be given a chance and even though we as fans aren’t sold on him those in charge of recruiting him must be.

Above all, we need to make promotion our number 1 priority. He’s going to be under monumental pressure to deliver this, especially given the fanbase’s scepticism around him.

In the modern world you’ve got all the tools you need to form a decent opinion on incoming managers and players. This bloke has done fuck all his entire career. All I can see from this appointment is disaster.

There’s no fans in the ground or owt like that so it makes no odds what the fans are saying.
I've read 3 major comments from Bristol fans and all allude to the same problems. When a person believes they are better than their worth its destined for disaster. Narcissism springs to mind with this chap. Narcissists will never learn from their mistakes however good managers do.

He needs to be given a chance and even though we as fans aren’t sold on him those in charge of recruiting him must be.

Above all, we need to make promotion our number 1 priority. He’s going to be under monumental pressure to deliver this, especially given the fanbase’s scepticism around him.
Who is responsible for the appointment

Fair enough mate, then just wallow in your negativity

Afternoon/evening fellas.

Not sure if this is worthy of a separate thread so if it gets merged so be it but thought I’d offer a view from our perspective to the reaction against LJ seemingly being offered the gig up at your place.

First of all I’m not expecting any of you to be inspired, whilst he was largely okay for us ultimately the bloke failed to deliver after being backed by our more than generous owner time and time again and was sacked a year or so after he should’ve been, for me and most supporters of BCFC.

Won’t bore you all with the details but LJ is alright, he’s a good coach that will improve the younger players you have (I’m not too clued up on you lot nowadays, but I’m not aware of any real young assets you have like you did in for example Maja currently?). As his “style” even after watching us for 4 years I really don’t know what to tell you what to expect, some seasons we played high pressing quick football which was a joy to watch, later on in his spell we’d be lucky to have 35% of the ball in away games, ultimately whatever he tried we fell short, albeit in the league above.

In summary I can see why you’d be pissed off, I’d rather have had Cook, Cowley or Poyet who all seem to have been linked with the job but for what you have I think if given time he’ll do well with you. It’s a massive club and a huge job but from the outside looking in I really think you lot need a long term project to buy into to get you back where you should be, and LJ was able to instil many values of that sort of thing here.

Finally from me, the real negative are his interviews. Bloke talks in riddles, make him look a smug twat. Don’t watch them or read them is my advice :)

Wish you and him all the best in fairness lads, Sunderland/Newcastle weekend for our game was one hell of a piss up the other year at your place, I’d be keen to do it again. 👊🏽
Also, 3-0 up under Lee Johnson is never safe. As you lot found out the other year. :)

Main question though. Is he capable of doing well at this level. Can he get us promoted at this level.

How long we giving him then 😂 Guna be a disaster this appointment a justdon’t understand it one bit Ano where in league one but fkn hell we are going round in circles season after season then getting left with all their terrible signing in the mist
One thing I will say very much to his credit is he gets the very best out of strikers.

Jonathan Kodjia, Tammy Abraham, converting Bobby Reid from a shit CM to a 20 goal a season number 9, Diedhiou etc....

I would back him to get Grigg firing.

Did u just put Tammy Abraham in the same bracket as wyke and graham 🤣

Last edited:
Was he in charge of transfers etc at Bristol City or was he just the head coach? Will be interesting to see how he fits with the new structure we seem to be putting in place.

Those in charge were sold on Ross and Parkinson. They have no credibility for me

this.

I want to see his teams and style of play first. Make no mistake, he makes a mess of them which cost us points and there will be many a people pissed off.

Nobody wins all games and we are right in touch with 2nd spot....we will get a boost hopefully. We will have a different pool of options when we are in chamionship

Also, 3-0 up under Lee Johnson is never safe. As you lot found out the other year. :)

1-0 up under Ross or Parkinson was never safe either and I know which would be the most exciting game.

It sounds like under LJ we would lose more games than we have been, but that isn’t a bad thing as long as we win more too. Look at the teams above us, they have all lost more games than us!

Football is an entertainment business and we haven’t played exciting football for years. Its all been about not losing.

Interesting a common theme that he is a good coach, which is maybe why he has been the preferred choice? Would perhaps make sense in our proposed new setup.
Also interesting and not surprising that most of the replies are going on as if the opening post is 100% negative.

For me, him being smug is more than offset by 'he is a good coach and will improve players'.

Mourinho is a smug arsehole, would people be furious if we appointed him because of it?

Back