Bristol City arena

Bristol City

Midfield
Wondered what your views are on the new 'village' we are building.

As all clubs, we have some moaners that say it ruins the football experience.

We're basically the English Barcelona (but better), in that we own Football, Rugby, Basketball & Badminton teams, plus have a F1 driver.

Sporting empire or commercial bollocks?

Looks good, its the way football stadiums (villages) are going, ours is similar/smaller scale.

I just hope you's sort your camera angle out ;) , cant watch games when you's are at home.

Sporting club of Newcastle tried that years ago with the fantastic Hall family. They bought ice-hockey clubs, rugby clubs, basketball ( I think but could be wrong on that). It all folded and the clubs went out of existence. Now look at the Barcelona f the North - a stadium that is falling apart, terrible training facilities an owner that the fans hate, and Mrs Doubtfire as manager. 500000 just watching the washing on the line, 65000000 on the season ticket waiting list. Oh and a glorious tradition of a great No 9 -that no other club has or understands.

Bristol is the biggest city in the country without an arena sized space for events. They spent years talking about one next to Temple Meads station but that finally collapsed. Latest I heard was a plan to covert the old Concorde aircraft hangers at Filton into a exhibition space and music venue.

what you averaging atm
21,000, which is respectable for a 2 team City that's never had any sustained success throughout our history, in my opinion.

We have a huge catchment area though, our closest 'rivals' for potential fans being the Birmingham teams (100miles away) & the London teams (120-160miles away).

21,000, which is respectable for a 2 team City that's never had any sustained success throughout our history, in my opinion.

We have a huge catchment area though, our closest 'rivals' for potential fans being the Birmingham teams (100miles away) & the London teams (120-160miles away).

pretty decent mate! Always puzzled me why one of the bristol clubs don’t get more with said catchment area

whats rovers attendances like

On its own it looks canny but it really depends what’s going on around it. There’s a fine line between regeneration of an area and providing amenities and total over development (see Wembley for an example).

Back