Posted by Roger
Ashton Gate
Saturday, August 6, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 6, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Looks like I've got someone in line to help already, managed to sort today! Yeah 2018 was a doddle, helped that we were so bad that not many bothered. Class day though with the comeback

I seem to remember there were still about 3,000. I'm just gutted the Merchants Arms in Hotwells doesn't open till 4 now. Sorted out an alternative in the centre.

I seem to remember there were still about 3,000. I'm just gutted the Merchants Arms in Hotwells doesn't open till 4 now. Sorted out an alternative in the centre.
Where you heading? No decent pubs take away fans near Ashton Gate as far as I'm aware, so will definitely have to be city centre

It did in 2018. If they give us the full 4,200, it won't be a problem. Failing that, I'm sure there are people here who can help you out.

Where's your hotel? I can probably give you a few suggestions. Ditto places to eat.
I’m stopping in Premier Inn Finzels Reach City Centre, owt decent round there?

Not sure what to do about this one, have to go as I live in Bristol but worried it won't get to general sale...
It will no doubt go to GS
£30 odd quid a ticket

Coventry have made us Cat A- £33 btw
For a game that is almost certain to be a Noon KO on the Sunday

Where you heading? No decent pubs take away fans near Ashton Gate as far as I'm aware, so will definitely have to be city centre

I'll be in the Christmas Steps/
I’m stopping in Premier Inn Finzels Reach City Centre, owt decent round there?

Not stellar for eateries, but drinks wise within 10 minutes you've got https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...09150abfcc5ba/1631986253408/Can+list+18.9.pdf, Wellhead Bristol – Riverside Cocktail Bar at Finzels Reach, http://thecornubia.co.uk/ and - Ye Shakespeare off the top of my head. There are more not much further away along Baldwin St like Brewdog and the Old Fish Market, and plenty of places to eat in that general area. Bascically, central Bristol's pretty compact, and decent places aren't hard to find.

Last edited:
There is a good pub next door to the hippodrome called The Drawbridge which serves good beers and will probably have the 12:30 KO on

There is a good pub next door to the hippodrome called The Drawbridge which serves good beers and will probably have the 12:30 KO on

That's the first time I've ever heard the Drawbridge described as a good pub.
Should hear something this week. 4200 away capacity they have currently. With 30k SCH away tickets might be harder to get this season

Doubt we'll get that, Rumour here is the police or treating this as a high category game. Probably 2,500.

Last edited:
One of two awaydays I'm not doing, Reading the other ( unless Sky really fcukaroundaround with changing dates.)

Doing:
Dundee United A
Hartlepool A
Coventry City H
QPR H
Sheffield United A
Stoke City A
And possibly Norwich or Rotherham H

5000 miles by the end of August, so Bristol City is a no-no.I

Part-timer, I know :lol:

Edit the above:

Sheffield United away sacked off - train strike on Thursday 18th would mean 3 days missed pay and not 2. Plus an extra nights accommodation.

Stoke City away sacked off - what should have been an easy there and back in a day, now with the strike on the 20th, would mean 3 days missed pay, and 2 nights accommodation in Stoke.

Both of the above just not justifiable.

Norwich at home sacked -off due to the change of KO time, meaning a rush to get up on the day, or another overnight stay. Following the Lads from down here is expensive enough, without extra overnight accommodation that for a 3pm KO wouldn't be needed.

You lads living up in County Durham/ SR postcodes, really don't know how lucky you are if things like this happen - 2nd option of booking a branch bus, or hire a mini-bus.

Living down here......train strikes, you're fcuked!!

Back