Bring out the BBQ

The last bottle I bought lasted ages. Probably five years or so. I wouldn’t worry about the dial, you can gauge how much gas is left by tilting it onto one edge, then giving it as gentle shake. You will know when it’s empty :lol:

Ah good. Saved me from going to my calor centre and looking like a dick as its still really full 😂
I always scrub ours clean while its still warm with a metal brush and just plain water in a spray bottle comes up as new. It had to go it the dishwasher yesterday though as iwas a bit mouldy from not being used for a few months

The grill bars are nice. Bottom tray has a few rust spots on but dont think you can stop that completely unless you bring it inside which we cant do. Just have a cover over it

Last edited:

Got a Boston butt going on at 10 tonight for pulled pork tomorrow. Nowt I like more than waking up 10 times a night to make sure the bbq is running at the right temp. :lol:
First time using a new butcher, turns out the lad is a keen smoker so I’ve got high hopes. He prepped it perfectly mind, much better than anywhere else I’ve had one from.

Got a Boston butt going on at 10 tonight for pulled pork tomorrow. Nowt I like more than waking up 10 times a night to make sure the bbq is running at the right temp. :lol:
First time using a new butcher, turns out the lad is a keen smoker so I’ve got high hopes. He prepped it perfectly mind, much better than anywhere else I’ve had one from.
Egg? I've not done overnight but always been consistent temp on long day cooks

Egg? I've not done overnight but always been consistent temp on long day cooks
Yeah. We tend to eat at 5 on an evening so any long cooks have to start the night before. When I bought the egg I truly believed it’d be set and forget (like the company tell you it is)…load of shite! I’ve never managed to keep a consistent temp over a long cook.

Yeah. We tend to eat at 5 on an evening so any long cooks have to start the night before. When I bought the egg I truly believed it’d be set and forget (like the company tell you it is)…load of shite! I’ve never managed to keep a consistent temp over a long cook.

That's strange. Think the longest I've done is brisket starting it first thing in morning but it maintained temp all day

Nailed between 105 and 110 for the last 90 minutes so hopefully it’ll keep that once I go to bed! I’ll need to get to at some point to wrap anyway but I’d rather get up once than every hour. :D
The big green bastard spiked to 140c just before I went to bed so closed the vents a little…set an alarm for half 3 to wrap and it’d dropped to 90c! I’m pretty sure it hates me.

The big green bastard spiked to 140c just before I went to bed so closed the vents a little…set an alarm for half 3 to wrap and it’d dropped to 90c! I’m pretty sure it hates me.
How did it turn out? I have a butt I might throw on tomorrow. I also have my arch nemisis in the freezer, a brisket, never got it remotely right

Need to get some more chicken rub and whomp bbq sauce too

How did it turn out? I have a butt I might throw on tomorrow. I also have my arch nemisis in the freezer, a brisket, never got it remotely right

Need to get some more chicken rub and whomp bbq sauce too
Been in a cool box since about half 12, ended up forgetting about it so pulled at 97 which is higher than I was aiming for. It felt like it was falling apart inside the foil when I took it off the bbq tho so I’m feeling confident. Will eat it as soon as I get back from the pub.

The more I read about Uk brisket it feels like it’ll be impossible to get results like they do in the states. I’ve found it best when smoked for a few hours and then braised. The butcher I was speaking to on Saturday disagreed and said he’d prepare one properly for me and it’d make a huge difference.

6 pack of Tesco Finest Lincolnshire Sausages and the outside grill , 2 x large white buns smeared with Lurpak , Ketchup on the sons and nowt else on mine . Lovely

Back