Bring out the BBQ

Bought a Japanese Konro grill last weekend after I’d had a few so giving it its first run out tonight. Binchotan charcoal is an absolute bugger to light but it knocks out some insane heat once it’s going.

Some nice lamb and beef skewers, turned out lovely.

Possibly me, I’ve had one for a while now. I like it, pretty basic but does the job. I wish it had controllable vents tho.

Land is becoming more popular in Korea and the grill they have is motorised specifically to turn skewers.

IMG_8512.jpeg

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

Finally a bit of sunshine so the konro grill is out for a few chicken and chorizo skewers. Binchotan charcoal is an absolute twat to light tho, got it in a chimney starter over a camping stove but no idea how long it’s going to take.

Finally a bit of sunshine so the konro grill is out for a few chicken and chorizo skewers. Binchotan charcoal is an absolute twat to light tho, got it in a chimney starter over a camping stove but no idea how long it’s going to take.

You need a fan to draw air though the starter. It needs lots of oxygen to get it hot before you put it in the grill.

You need a fan to draw air though the starter. It needs lots of oxygen to get it hot before you put it in the grill.
There’s a bit of wind which is helping but the flame is too far away from the coals I think. Will still be here tomorrow at this rate. :lol:

Just checked the weather. This weekend looks reasonable.

Compared to the rest recently, this might be the chance

Back