Brilliant second half.

Isn't that what you want at any level? You might get your game plan wrong but you survive the first half. Today Parky (and elsewhere) seems to have done that. 'Stop that fucker'...'give that twat a kick'...'and you two need to do this and that'...

That seems to be what we needed today. It's not that hard...just getting the staff in to do it. The season is in the balance. Consistency and they'll get there. But we need the consistency.

To be fair we've been pretty consistent lately. One result against Portsmouth doesn't change that

I doubt any team can keep up effective high intensity pressing for the whole game, including Man City and LFC. Perhaps our coaches know that and are tactically deciding when to do sustained pressing depending on how effective the other team is at creating chances? For all Ipswich's press first half, they weren't much of a threat. Maybe we let them burn themselves out as I thought we were spectacular second half in every way.

To be fair we've been pretty consistent lately. One result against Portsmouth doesn't change that
At this level there's always a team that makes a run at the right time. You don't need to be fantastic in this division, just organised with a little more nous than the other blokes. It's up to them if they want it enough.

At this level there's always a team that makes a run at the right time. You don't need to be fantastic in this division, just organised with a little more nous than the other blokes. It's up to them if they want it enough.

Last 9 games has seen us get 20 points which is canny going for any team. Just need to keep it going

Massive credit must go to PP and his coaching staff, they dominated the first 30 mins until we crept into the game a little before HT.

Remember thinking if we end up winning this then PP will have earnt his corn as it was really in the balance but 2nd half we came out a different team.

PP on radio after the game "I reminded the players that we are the home team and to get on the front foot, anyone that plays against us must come off the field absolutely shattered 'cos we have given it a right go!"

Also good to see us go 2 up top when it mattered which gave their centre backs something to think about.

Last edited:
Dobson looks a much better player running with the ball and being positive. Did very well 2nd half. Much more intesity after half time. Well done lads!!!!
Massive credit must go to PP and his coaching staff, they dominated the first 30 mins until we crept into the game a little before HT.

Remember thinking if we end up winning this then PP will have earnt his corn as it was really in the balance but 2nd half we came out a different team.

PP on radio after the game "I reminded the players that we are the home team and to get on the front foot, anyone that plays against us must come off the field absolutely shattered 'cos we have given it a right go!"

Also good to see us go 2 up top when it mattered which gave their centre backs something to think about.
They shit their pants with 2 big lads up top.

Very similar to the donny game for me the away team just cant keep that game plan for 90 minutes, especially at this level, luckily today we found that bit of quality from much improved second half performances

Back