Briging back extinct creatures

gonzalo

Central Defender
Whats peoples views on this?

I understand earlier this year Russian scientists made breakthroughs on research into cloning mammoths from tissue found in a glacier, but if done what these creatures be restricted to safaris/zoos as releasing them into the wild could pose a significant threat to existing eco systems. American scientists are also working on bringing back dodos. Thoughts?

I understand earlier this year Russian scientists made breakthroughs on research into cloning mammoths from tissue found in a glacier, but if done what these creatures be restricted to safaris/zoos as releasing them into the wild could pose a significant threat to existing eco systems. American scientists are also working on bringing back dodos. Thoughts?

Not as clear as ‘always bad’. We can test the idea through re-introduction or animals into areas where they went locally extinct. In general it’s a positive thing, in those cases.

As always, take these things on a case by case basis.

Saw a documentary where they brought dinosaurs back from the dead, don't think it's a good idea.

I think it would be class to bring something like mammoths and other endangered species back.

I don't understand why we aren't putting serious effort into trying to clone species that are endangered today. Once every dentist can kill Cecil they won't want to.

The Russians should consult thoroughly with the SMB which is the foremost authority on matters both moral and scientific.
They should then seek a translation of the advice "Format the fucker".

Its impossible. Scientists would need un-degraded DNA and there simply isn't any. Even stuff from mammoths which have been entombed in tundra for thousands of years will have degenerated DNA.

Imagine trying to clone a cow from a steak in your freezer.

Dodos were very tasty weren't they?
No. All reports say they were horrible but they were protein and easy to catch.

Back