Brian Clough Clip

Looking back from afar, the time to get him was around late 1974 early 1975. Before he went to forest but there was no way Stokoe was being made to leave

Not sure if he was at Brighton around that time and he had fallen out with Taylor a bit

Didn't he have a newspaper column at the time when we tried to get him as manager?
My dad told me he'd buy the paper every morning and it was like a soap opera, he played it all out in public.

Just come across this. I'd never seen it before.

"The Sunderland people are beautiful"

Couldnt put it better myself Mr. Clough.

My first ever match at Roker Park v Dirty Leeds in the 64/65 season after we'd been promoted with them - 2 - 0 down at half time, Cloughy got one and Jonny Crossan 2 to get us 3 - 2 up before Albert Johannson equalised for Leeds. I was in the family enclosure at the Roker End and I will never, ever forget the excitement I felt when the red and white stripes came out of the tunnel at the start of the match - magical.

My first ever match at Roker Park v Dirty Leeds in the 64/65 season after we'd been promoted with them - 2 - 0 down at half time, Cloughy got one and Jonny Crossan 2 to get us 3 - 2 up before Albert Johannson equalised for Leeds. I was in the family enclosure at the Roker End and I will never, ever forget the excitement I felt when the red and white stripes came out of the tunnel at the start of the match - magical.

Youve lived the dream mate. I cant even begin to imagine what it must have been like to witness Roker Park in the 60s

Back