Brian Cant NYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

when would it have been when he was on Playaway on Saturday afternoons ? As i got older I was always torn between that and the football results... should have stuck with Brian

anyone who played away on football trips or stag do's was known as doing a Brian

and I once saw a player who shared his surname sent off when the ref asked his name to book him :lol:

To borrow the words of The Beautiful South, he died in the arms of Big Ted.

I wouldn't call him a hero of mine but certainly a familiar and trusted face from my childhood.

RIP
He did come across as really friendly and trustworthy. Could have made a top nonce at the beeb, he missed a trick there.

Remember him from Playschool in the 60's.
I think he voiced Camberwick Green/Trumpton/Chigley too.

RIP:cry:

I watched an episode of one of those a couple of years back and it was brilliant. That pack of little digs (I forget the name of the lady owner) set upon Nibs, the son of Chippie Minton. They should have been destroyed but I guess it was a different time.

It was his first tv appearance. And it showed. Sadly this is all I can find on you tube and it doesn't show quite how bad he was. :lol:

You can see the genesis of his characterisation of Hans Gruber's brother right there. He's a national treasure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back