1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit: UK could lose half a million jobs with no deal, says Sadiq Khan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by steve30000, Jan 11, 2018.

1. zinedine

zinedine Winger

Does anybody take Khan seriously? Isn't he a puffed up pompous popinjay?:lol:

2. Narraback

Narraback Winger

Half a million jobs man ffs? You're laughing at that?

Then again Osborne said we could have 2 million unemployed because of Brexit so I suppose Khan is an optimist?

All hail Khan!

zinedine likes this.
  3. Frijj

Frijj Striker Contributor

Well, we could have. How long until we feel the true effects?

By 2025, we could be feeling the pinch from a poor deal - or no deal - with a shrinking economy and poor prospects.

We could also be doing really well with trade deals with half the world on our terms.

Nobody knows. Nobody can know.

FishburnMackem likes this.
  4. The Exile

The Exile Striker

KHAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!!

zinedine and Deano like this.
  5. Deano

Deano Striker Contributor

And I thought I tuned my sarcasm finely!

Have a like

Two years as Mayor and I still do that when I hear his name

He really has to announce a development scheme for London and call it Genesis

The Exile likes this.
  6. Narraback

Narraback Winger

No mate everybody knows. They just know different things.

I reckon we'll be pretty much the same as we are now but with most of our sovereignty back. Project fear won't materialise and we won't be skipping along in a sun-kissed, EU-free utopia.

Que sera sera and Epping like this.
  7. The Exile

The Exile Striker

I'd like to see him slip the odd Ricardo Montablan phrase into his statements.

8. box2box

box2box Striker

He looks a real passive aggressive type, same as redwood and the labour health person

9. Deano

Deano Striker Contributor

He's actually one of the few London Labour politician I have time for.

10. spitfire

spitfire Striker

Deutsche Bank the latest to back track on the scare stories as to how many jobs they will be fucking off from London. As @monkeytassle has been saying all along its only for euro clearing purposes if they go at all. Looks like 600ish potentially moving to Frankfurt as opposed to 8600. Oh and they are a Frankfurt based company too. I guess the sky isn't going to fall in just yet then.

BIG BAZ, The Exile and Epping like this.
  11. Fats

Fats Midfield

Jesus, and I thought the debate had moved on :oops:

12. Narraback

Narraback Winger

Eh?

Someone asked what I thought Brexit will look like. I replied I thought we'd have most of our sovereignty back. How is that moving the debate backwards?

13. Fats

Fats Midfield

Because you have the brass neck to harp on about project fear & then use exactly the same scenario using bullshit that was spouted by the leave campaign.

Either stop challenging people for using the project fear crap, or come to terms with the fact that both side told huge lies & "getting our sovereignty back" was one of them

redandwhiterob likes this.
  14. What sovereignty are you looking forward to getting back most?

15. Narraback

Narraback Winger

You've just typed a load of shit.

Yesterday the Commons voted through a bill which will bring thousands of EU laws and regs back under the control of our Parliament. That's getting our sovereignty back right there.

On a personal level WTD, drivers CPC and ADR regs.

I also believe CAP and fishing regs need to altered to suit us. FoM of people is lunacy. No more ECJ overruling our courts.

I believe every country, not just the UK, should have the ability to make and implement laws which are best suited for them.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018 at 10:01 AM
  16. Fats

Fats Midfield

You are a sad deluded fool

Narraback likes this.
  17. Narraback

Narraback Winger

;)

18. FishburnMackem

FishburnMackem Midfield

Makes me wonder, on these programmes about moving to OZ, NZ or Canada, it always ends up that the jobs are better paid however common living costs are huge compared to ours (a big example is food, a weekly shop can often cost double what it would in the UK). Is this something that we can expect to see in the not too distant future?

19. Bulmers

Bulmers Central Defender

Aye we regained the right to have the death penalty

20. zinedine

zinedine Winger

Ha, I saw this post at the weekend and didn't get it. Catching up on the thread it's just clicked.:lol:
    I call myself a star trek fan as well.