Brexit threatens the UK music industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just don't know what's going on. People think I'm crazy for suggesting we now live in a racist country but that is exactly how I feel.
You might feel that but is that partly to do with the environment you live or the literature you read?
The only time recently I have been exposed to right wing views in the last 12 months or so is on here and when I was last up home.
I honestly don’t see it from one month to the next. I work with people from all over the world and they haven’t shared one concern about racism that they have been exposed too. The only “worries “ one lass has who is from Hungary is if she wants to stay if she finds it difficult for her family to come to see her. She’s a bloody good nurse and would be an asset to anywhere she’s employed. I think personally she’s worried for nothing

You might feel that but is that partly to do with the environment you live or the literature you read?
The only time recently I have been exposed to right wing views in the last 12 months or so is on here and when I was last up home.
I honestly don’t see it from one month to the next. I work with people from all over the world and they haven’t shared one concern about racism that they have been exposed too. The only “worries “ one lass has who is from Hungary is if she wants to stay if she finds it difficult for her family to come to see her. She’s a bloody good nurse and would be an asset to anywhere she’s employed. I think personally she’s worried for nothing
I work for high level government mate, I've just spent the last 2 hours dealing with someone from abroad calling us a racist government and although they didn't say it was exactly due to Brexit I've seen a massive surge in work surrounding the subject after the whole Brexit carry on.
It was quite strange trying to convince him we are not a racist country yet on here(RTG) I was trying to convince people we are. I do feel sorry for foreigners so I treat them with extra care and try to give them an enhanced experience when dealing with the gov.
People on here who are arguing with me about it are just uninformed or mistaken.
Anyway I've had enough of talking about it and the thread is meant to be about musicians. I'm am a musician aswell mind ;) I've toured the UK but never played abroad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work for high level government mate, I've just spent the last 2 hours dealing with someone from abroad calling us a racist government and although they didn't say it was exactly due to Brexit I've seen a massive surge in work surrounding the subject after the whole Brexit carry on.
It was quite strange trying to convince him we are not a racist country yet on here(RTG) I was trying to convince people we are. I do feel sorry for foreigners so I treat them with extra care and try to give them an enhanced experience when dealing with the gov.
People on here who are arguing with me about it are just uninformed or mistaken.
Anyway I've had enough of talking about it and the thread is meant to be about musicians. I'm am a musician aswell mind ;) I've toured the UK but never played abroad.

Been on the shandy already like?

This is getting out of hand. Firstly I can’t eat strawberries picked by Lithuanians and now I can’t get easy access to Spanish flamenco music.

I have a couple of friends high up in the industry (one is on the board of Universal, the other is Bjork’s former manager) and they’ve been warning about this for ages.

Most people who voted for Brexit won't mind, or notice. Just as long as there are plenty of nostalgia CDs for sale at the petrol station they will be fine

The person you’ve been dealing with must read RTG too then :)

Why Do you feel sorry for foreigners?

sound mate , much happening with the aliens lately, don't hear much about them now with all this brexit carry on
You're the second person to ask me this week mate. Nar nowt at all, its like an alien drought. Check the Guardian newspaper they are my most trusted news outlet at this time. The express news is crazy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back