Breathlessness

I'm on day 11 now and still getting really out of breath when doing the simplest of tasks. Is anyone else like this?

I'm reasonably fit (running, play football etc.), triple jabbed and in my 30's but this has took it out me.
Me, a year of this...ironically it only went completely when I caught Omicron.

Day 2 for me and a bit achey, bit tired, headache, sneezing more than usual, and a slightly sore throat. Thats it so far. Fingers crossed.

Breathlessness wasn't too bad for me, and I didn't really have much in way of symptoms when testing positive but what really did hit me when starting work again after the New Year was the fatigue - this last 2 weeks I've been absolutely shattered by mid-afternoon, verging on exhaustion. Has only really just started to feel like getting back to normal yesterday today.

Had to take that stuff several times over the last 10 years, including over a year at one point.

Took me 2-3 years off it to feel my normal self again. I'd rather die than take it again.

If a doctor offers this to anyone, make sure you quiz them on the sides, how to come off it and if there are any alternatives.
What’s been your problem with it? Last of a 5 day course for me tomorrow. Helped me no end. Think I could still do with a few more days of them, though.

What’s been your problem with it? Last of a 5 day course for me tomorrow. Helped me no end. Think I could still do with a few more days of them, though.

Had pretty much every side imaginable tbh. Google: prednisolone reviews.

Obviously I suppose not everyone gets the sides and it can be dependant on dose etc but the potentials there.

And if you've been taking more than 30/40mg per day you need to taper off it not just stop.

tested positive coupe of weeks ago, just had a bad head cold for a few days, then developed chest pain. Felt like it was in my right pec./armpit & shoulder, hurt to breath and agony when I sneezed or coughed. Still feel it a bit now. Thought I'd strained a muscle, but Mr google was diagnosing Pleurisy

Anyone had a fast heart beat? Wife is having a rough time of it and that's her main concern.
My resting heart rate is usually about 60 but it was up in the 80s for the first week, then 70s second week and still the third week is not really back to normal.

I am also getting pins and needles in my feet, anyone else?

Last edited:
My resting heart rate is usually about 60 but it was up in the 80s for the first week, then 70s second week and still the third week is not really back to normal yet.

I am now getting pins and needles in my feet, anyone else?
Ta, will relay that to her. Might put her at ease a bit. Problem is when you start becoming aware of your heart, you start focusing on it.

Anyone had a fast heart beat? Wife is having a rough time of it and that's her main concern.

My other half was advised to go to the doctors on Friday. She's still feeling rough and with a bad cough two weeks after getting out of isolation.

The doctor referred her straight to the hospital in case of further infection and a high heart rate. They did a load of tests but found everything normal and the heart rate thing seems to be common in recovery.

My other half was advised to go to the doctors on Friday. She's still feeling rough and with a bad cough two weeks after getting out of isolation.

The doctor referred her straight to the hospital in case of further infection and a high heart rate. They did a load of tests but found everything normal and the heart rate thing seems to be common in recovery.
Thanks

Her resting hear rate is usually 55 to 60 but is coming at at 96 which seems canny high to me. Assume it's just her body fighting the virus.

Any idea what is dangerous? Consistently over 100maybe?

Thanks

Her resting hear rate is usually 55 to 60 but is coming at at 96 which seems canny high to me. Assume it's just her body fighting the virus.

Not sure to be honest. If you're worried I'd just give the doctor a call to put your mind at ease. We were told it'll just pass in the next couple of weeks.

Had it twice and never breathless, thank god.

Asthmatic and a smoker so I’m surprised at that. Luckily anyone in my family who’ve had it also just got a bit fever and in some cases the anosmia.

Hope everyone in this thread recovers fully
Thanks

Had something similar after recovering the second time. Took about 3/4 months and now it’s gone back to normal.

Doctor said the same thing to me, it seems quite common once you come out of Covid, I had the 2nd jab around that time as well.

Can safely say my heart rate is now at its usual 55bpm, a couple months back it was at 100 though, even when lying/sitting down

Last edited:
I had the virus when it first hit march 2020 and suffering from long covid. I was 8mproving but these last 2 weeks I have massive breathing issues and my doctors won't do a thing.

I'm on day 11 now and still getting really out of breath when doing the simplest of tasks. Is anyone else like this?

I'm reasonably fit (running, play football etc.), triple jabbed and in my 30's but this has took it out me.
Sounds like a heart issue, I would go and get checked. The vaccines are known to cause this

I had one nasty day last monday when I could feel it rattling around my windpipe. Yesterday I had myself in a panic for no reason. Today has been fine. Currently sat in a pub in north yorkshire as have gone away for a few days in the van. Must admit I think I may have been in trouble without being tripple jabbed.

My resting heart rate is usually about 60 but it was up in the 80s for the first week, then 70s second week and still the third week is not really back to normal.

I am also getting pins and needles in my feet, anyone else?
You should be happy, millions more have worse after effects that yours.

Back