Breathlessness

Thanks for everyone who has took the time to reply. I tried to do a walk yesterday and managed about 5 minutes. Going to give it a week or so and see how I'm getting on bit will get on to the doctors to see if there is anything they can prescribe if I'm not improving. Cheers

6-7 weeks for me before my breathlessness improved, but then it was a really steep recovery curve. Went from walking 1.5 miles as my maximum distance to being able to run 8 miles in week 8.

Obviously affects everyone differently and different variants will have different effects.

My one piece of advice is listen to your body. Don’t push yourself and rest if you need to. Learnt that pretty quick.

Lost my taste Xmas Eve. Tested Neg Xmas day (PCR) Got antibiotics 29th Dec. Felt better, then went downhill. Been prescribed steroids and another dose on antibiotics. Doctor reckons I’ve got Covid Pneumonia even though I’ve not had a positive test.

Last weekend I coughed so much I passed out. Was breathless etc. Bought myself one of them oxygen/pulse monitors. At the start of the week my oxygen levels were 91/92. I was very pale and absolutely knackered. Steroids seem to be working but it feels like a slow process. Can’t remember the last time I felt ‘normal’

Last edited:
Im on day one and have none of the classical symptoms. Felt off today but put that down to watching the telly until 1am with a few cans until 1 am thismorning, I am 40 after all. Took a test more out of curiosity than anything. Now shitting myself Im not going to be able to breathe in a few days.

Im on day one and have none of the classical symptoms. Felt off today but put that down to watching the telly until 1am with a few cans until 1 am thismorning. Took a test more out of curiosity than anything. Now shitting myself Im not going to be able to breathe in a few days.
I was ill days 1 and 2, but never had any breathing issues so fingers crossed for you.

I was ill days 1 and 2, but never had any breathing issues so fingers crossed for you.
Other than a slight niggling throat Im fine. Pre pandemic this wouldnt have stopped me doing anything....upto now. Been 3x jabbed for 4 weeks so hope that helps keep things under control.

Other than a slight niggling throat Im fine. Pre pandemic this wouldnt have stopped me doing anything....upto now. Been 3x jabbed for 4 weeks so hope that helps keep things under control.
Before I went to bed before day 1, I had sore throat. Woke up with sweating, headache, tired etc.

Sweats went quickly and 2 days of headache, tired and aches. Luckily slept most of it.

Before I went to bed before day 1, I had sore throat. Woke up with sweating, headache, tired etc.

Sweats went quickly and 2 days of headache, tired and aches. Luckily slept most of it.
Oh great. Looking forward to tomorrow then:lol: Glad I didnt bother with an Accy ticket for tomorrow. Currently sitting the garden next to the firepit. Probably not the best way to spend an evening with respiratory infection.

Oh great. Looking forward to tomorrow then:lol: Glad I didnt bother with an Accy ticket for tomorrow. Currently sitting the garden next to the firepit. Probably not the best way to spend an evening with respiratory infection.
You're just starting you adventure as I get released from mine tomorrow morning. Technically midnight but think the mrs will cut me nuts off if I do that.

I didn't think I was that bad, but Covid really irritated my lung lining and the cold weather messed me up something rotten. It's been three weeks since I tested positive and it suddenly hits me out the blue and I'll need to make a b-line for the inhaler.

I'm on day 11 now and still getting really out of breath when doing the simplest of tasks. Is anyone else like this?

I'm reasonably fit (running, play football etc.), triple jabbed and in my 30's but this has took it out me.

Aye I did mate

Same as you for fitness

Me mam who is 66 had no impact

Just takes time sadly in my case

So fully realise this might be just me and bullshit for everyone else.

Suffered with asthma since I was a bairn, use a blue inhaler on occasion, usually a cough brings it on.
I’ve now discovered drinking milk or eating a yogurt or even a curry with cream in late at night, makes it worse on a night.
It seems to line my throat with crap and closes it up slightly making it feel like mucus in my throat.
Assume I’ve now got done dairy issue so have cut it out and it’s better.
I’m on day 12 now, getting better the more I excercise.

One thing I f*cked up on I registered a positive lateral flow on day 6 and 7 not thinking it would reset my COVID pass date.
So if you take a test and it’s positive don’t register it, as it starts your 10 days again.

I'm on day 11 now and still getting really out of breath when doing the simplest of tasks. Is anyone else like this?

I'm reasonably fit (running, play football etc.), triple jabbed and in my 30's but this has took it out me.
Delta is still about... it caught me out too

Day 4 or 5 for me main thing is pure lethargy and tiredness along with a sore throat and a few aches. It's just not me, I normally roll on 5 or 6 hours kip a night max

Prednisolone the boyo for this if you can get the doc to prescribe

Had to take that stuff several times over the last 10 years, including over a year at one point.

Took me 2-3 years off it to feel my normal self again. I'd rather die than take it again.

If a doctor offers this to anyone, make sure you quiz them on the sides, how to come off it and if there are any alternatives.

Had to take that stuff several times over the last 10 years, including over a year at one point.

Took me 2-3 years off it to feel my normal self again. I'd rather die than take it again.

If a doctor offers this to anyone, make sure you quiz them on the sides, how to come off it and if there are any alternatives.
Never had any problems with it shoudnt be taking it for more than a couple of weeks usually

Back