Breathlessness

generalsmut

Goalkeeper
I'm on day 11 now and still getting really out of breath when doing the simplest of tasks. Is anyone else like this?

I'm reasonably fit (running, play football etc.), triple jabbed and in my 30's but this has took it out me.

My lass has had a similar experience. Developed a cough/breathing issues on day 9 of isolation. She's had an extra 10 days off work and has started to improve alot in the last 48 hours. The NHS guidance is that it should pass in a week or two with no treatment.

But if you're worried, ring your doctor or 111 and they may be willing to prescribe steroids to ease it. Might be worth getting an oximeter too to check your oxygen levels in your blood are OK.

My lass has had a similar experience. Developed a cough/breathing issues on day 9 of isolation. She's had an extra 10 days off work and has started to improve alot in the last 48 hours. The NHS guidance is that it should pass in a week or two with no treatment.

But if you're worried, ring your doctor or 111 and they may be willing to prescribe steroids to ease it. Might be worth getting an oximeter too to check your oxygen levels in your blood are OK.
Work mate had it just before Xmas, couldn't walk down the stairs without puffing and panting, doc gave him prednisolone.

I'm on day 11 now and still getting really out of breath when doing the simplest of tasks. Is anyone else like this?

I'm reasonably fit (running, play football etc.), triple jabbed and in my 30's but this has took it out me.
I am 55 and am on day 13 (totally recovered) and had no issues at all with breathlessness. I am overweight and not particularly fit and also suffered from asthma in my teens and early 20's. Seems to be completely random as to who it affects worse.

I am 55 and am on day 13 (totally recovered) and had no issues at all with breathlessness. I am overweight and not particularly fit and also suffered from asthma in my teens and early 20's. Seems to be completely random as to who it affects worse.
Aye, there does appear to be no rhyme or reason to any of it.

My mate exactly same got worse from day 7 been in bed for a full 2 weeks just sleeping all the time

On day 5 now and have felt pretty much the same throughout with a few variations. Mainly it's just pure fatigue/exhaustion and bad head/feeling of pressure in head. Had a sore throat initially. Last night my chest felt tight and I was struggling to breathe in but today seems to be okay.

Doing anything knackers me and we live in a townhouse so that's not ideal. Similar situation, 3 jabs, 30s, do a lot of running.

Day 10 and cough comes and goes when it pleases. Had a really bad episode with breathlessness on day 5.

Had headaches every day except today.

Mrs is on day 7 and she seems fine but one night she woke up in the middle of the night, couldn’t breathe, then fine the next morning.

Such a random virus.

It’s early days marra, I’ve heard from mates who are very fit, run most days, they were floored. Took them a few weeks to get back to normal.
I’m on day 11 also, slight breathless but pushing myself to get back to normal.
Blue inhaler helps at times mind.

Prednisolone the boyo for this if you can get the doc to prescribe
Been prescribed this today, I'm probably the fittest i have ever been but wake up in the middle of the night with what sounds like shallow breathing (Cracking in my lungs) and wheezy.

Also been given a brown inhaler and some Daktarin ointment as my lips are cracked and have been for ages.

Had to get bloods done today to see if it's out long lasting but hopefully all this gear sorts it out.

Had breathlessness from day 3 to day 6, but that seems to have gone now. I'm on day 10 and the chesty cough and sniffles has returned after originally disappearing on day 6 too.

Question is... if I'm still testing positive (which I am), and still have symptoms, is my isolation period actually up after today, or do I need to keep isolating?

Thanks for everyone who has took the time to reply. I tried to do a walk yesterday and managed about 5 minutes. Going to give it a week or so and see how I'm getting on bit will get on to the doctors to see if there is anything they can prescribe if I'm not improving. Cheers
Had breathlessness from day 3 to day 6, but that seems to have gone now. I'm on day 10 and the chesty cough and sniffles has returned after originally disappearing on day 6 too.

Question is... if I'm still testing positive (which I am), and still have symptoms, is my isolation period actually up after today, or do I need to keep isolating?

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone who has took the time to reply. I tried to do a walk yesterday and managed about 5 minutes. Going to give it a week or so and see how I'm getting on bit will get on to the doctors to see if there is anything they can prescribe if I'm not improving. Cheers

What if I’m still testing positive after 10 days?​

You may leave self-isolation after your 10th full day of self-isolation even if you are still testing positive.

Been prescribed this today, I'm probably the fittest i have ever been but wake up in the middle of the night with what sounds like shallow breathing (Cracking in my lungs) and wheezy.

Also been given a brown inhaler and some Daktarin ointment as my lips are cracked and have been for ages.

Had to get bloods done today to see if it's out long lasting but hopefully all this gear sorts it out.
Hope it works for you I needed two lots mind so if you’re not any better don’t be afraid to ask for more

Been nearly two weeks since i tested positive and 9 tested since i stopped testing negative.

Generally feel okay other than getting random shivers and a breathless cough which I didn't have before, it's absolutely horrendous at times.

Back