Breastfeeding in a public swimming pool

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

Surely you can't feed a bairn IN the water?

I understand the point about everyone getting cold, but still - there's a public health consideration here.

That’s pretty much my thoughts.

Hell hath no fury like a militant breast feeding woman scorned.
Total non-story, they tell them not to as they don’t want the babies being sick in the pool.
As a parent who's kid has closed 2 different swimming pools from being sick (and almost killed me when I spotted it was happening a 3rd time and slipped over and ended up in A&E), its a very genuine risk.

tbh, babies shouldn't be allowed in the pool after feeding full stop - so that makes the whole point moot.

I'd defend any lass who wanted to breastfeed their kid, but IN the pool seems a bit ridiculous to me.
It's not necessarily unhygienic, it just doesn't seem like a wise move for me.

Mrs K and I took our 4 month old daughter "swimming" yesterday. I say "swimming" because she obviously can't swim yet but we're getting her used to it etc.
I think I'd have tried a few different tactics to calm a kid down rather than feed them in the pool.

Incidentally I'm sure this is on Angry People in Local Newspapers so I'll have to see what the comments are like there!

What's that? Breast feeding mother wants to the world she's breastfeeding?

So enraged you missed out part of your sentence!

I'd defend any lass who wanted to breastfeed their kid, but IN the pool seems a bit ridiculous to me.
It's not necessarily unhygienic, it just doesn't seem like a wise move for me.

Mrs K and I took our 4 month old daughter "swimming" yesterday. I say "swimming" because she obviously can't swim yet but we're getting her used to it etc.
I think I'd have tried a few different tactics to calm a kid down rather than feed them in the pool.

Incidentally I'm sure this is on Angry People in Local Newspapers so I'll have to see what the comments are like there!

So enraged you missed out part of your sentence!

Exactly. Fuming. Inbox me hun xxx

As a parent who's kid has closed 2 different swimming pools from being sick (and almost killed me when I spotted it was happening a 3rd time and slipped over and ended up in A&E), its a very genuine risk.

tbh, babies shouldn't be allowed in the pool after feeding full stop - so that makes the whole point moot.

This. To be honest I have no problem with a baby feeding in a pool, but mines going to poop just afterwards so he probably shouldn't be in the water knowing that.

Back