Breakdown of Carbs, Protein and Fats

Status
Not open for further replies.

japs

Striker
I think there is already a thread explaining but I can't see it?

Wanting to know what breakdown I should be following or how to figure it out..

My daily requirements are 2800 cals approx.

How would I figure out the amounts in grams for protein, carbs and fats? Wanting to cut once I get started as bf is canny high now at 19%ish

I think there is already a thread explaining but I can't see it?

Wanting to know what breakdown I should be following or how to figure it out..

My daily requirements are 2800 cals approx.

How would I figure out the amounts in grams for protein, carbs and fats? Wanting to cut once I get started as bf is canny high now at 19%ish

Been meaning to do a thread since the section started but been really busy, will try and get it done tomorrow evening.

General guidlines are around 1g protein per lb of bodyweight, 0.45-1g of fat per lb of bodyweight. The rest coming from what the person most prefers, as carbs aren't an essential macronutrient.

Been meaning to do a thread since the section started but been really busy, will try and get it done tomorrow evening.

General guidlines are around 1g protein per lb of bodyweight, 0.45-1g of fat per lb of bodyweight. The rest coming from what the person most prefers, as carbs aren't an essential macronutrient.

Champion, cheers mate. Protein intake is similar to what I've been doing.

As for carbs, thinking 150g or so ish per day........ Although I'm quite active so may play around with that and adjust certain days. This new forum is pretty good.

Champion, cheers mate. Protein intake is similar to what I've been doing.

As for carbs, thinking 150g or so ish per day........ Although I'm quite active so may play around with that and adjust certain days. This new forum is pretty good.

If you are active I'd up that to be honest, although it's more down to personal preference tbh.

Might aim for 200 training days, as looking like it could be a bit tough.

A lot will be approx as eat veg, eggs etc and can be hard to get true figures.

Might aim for 200 training days, as looking like it could be a bit tough.

A lot will be approx as eat veg, eggs etc and can be hard to get true figures.

Yeah, do you know the caloric values per gram of every macronutrient? 1g of protein/carbs will give you 4kcal and 1g of fat will give you 9kcal, so when you're mixing your macros around, don't just swap 20g of fat for 20g of carbs and expect the same caloric values.

Yeah, do you know the caloric values per gram of every macronutrient? 1g of protein/carbs will give you 4kcal and 1g of fat will give you 9kcal, so when you're mixing your macros around, don't just swap 20g of fat for 20g of carbs and expect the same caloric values.

Nah, I didn't mate. But that helps and explains a lot :lol: Cheers, I'll get there eventually.

Nah, I didn't mate. But that helps and explains a lot :lol: Cheers, I'll get there eventually.

Yeah so if you were say 180lb and were to go by the 'common minimums' for the two essential macronutrients (proteins and fat) with 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, that 180g of protein would provide you with 720kcal, the 81g of fat would give you 729kcal and then if your total daily energy expendature was 2600kcal, that leaves you with 1151, so if you were to divide that by 4, you'd end up with 288g of carbs, but if you didn't want to take in that many carbs, you would have the same weight loss if you reduced carbs and compensated via protein or fats.

I've probably made that way too complicated sounding but it's simple.

:lol:
Yeah so if you were say 180lb and were to go by the 'common minimums' for the two essential macronutrients (proteins and fat) with 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, that 180g of protein would provide you with 720kcal, the 81g of fat would give you 729kcal and then if your total daily energy expendature was 2600kcal, that leaves you with 1151, so if you were to divide that by 4, you'd end up with 288g of carbs, but if you didn't want to take in that many carbs, you would have the same weight loss if you reduced carbs and compensated via protein or fats.

I've probably made that way too complicated sounding but it's simple.

No, all makes sense mate and just so happens that I'm near enough to 180lbs :lol: Good guess. I'm going to figure a plan out from this and see how I go.

IMO, about 50% of the diet should be smart fats (EFA's, with some monos and some sats), 35% protein and 15% carbs in the form of veg.

so where does saturated fat come in does it not matter if your counting cals, as it seems like a lot of counting and I'm not a professional sportsmen?

IMO, about 50% of the diet should be smart fats (EFA's, with some monos and some sats), 35% protein and 15% carbs in the form of veg.

Why? surely that's gotta be balls!

It's maybe fine for someone who just does long slow distance cardio or lifting at low reps, but anyone doing anything with any intensity like intervals or sprints will probably crash and burn.

so where does saturated fat come in does it not matter if your counting cals, as it seems like a lot of counting and I'm not a professional sportsmen?

Saturated fat gets a lot of bad rep because it's been linked with high cholesterol.

If you're counting calories then it's pretty pointless to worry about it since losing weight will lower your cholesterol no matter what you're eating.

If you're sticking to a healthy diet and keeping an eye on calories then chances are you'll be avoiding things that are high in saturated fat anyway.

Why? surely that's gotta be balls!

It's maybe fine for someone who just does long slow distance cardio or lifting at low reps, but anyone doing anything with any intensity like intervals or sprints will probably crash and burn.

I follow that roughly and have no problem with a wide range of exercises and intensities. That's just my opinion. The carb ratio will go up on training days, but all the carbs above the 15% should be PWO.

Well just been having a bit of a look to figure out what I'm going to eat. Tough to get the right levels of fats with what I eat atm, protein is fine and carbs are lower that they should be but should be able to sort that. Interesting anyway.

Titus said:

Titus mate I'm a but confused, are you saying that a person of say 180lb should be consuming between 90-180 grams of fat? Imo that's way to much unless your on a keto diet.

Titus mate I'm a but confused, are you saying that a person of say 180lb should be consuming between 90-180 grams of fat? Imo that's way to much unless your on a keto diet.

If you are fairly lean then around 0.45-1g per lb of bodyweight is fine. You can lower it if you're in a caloric defecit, but you're looking for trouble if you're anywhere around the 0.25g per lb of bodyweight.

Titus said:
If you are fairly lean then around 0.45-1g per lb of bodyweight is fine. You can lower it if you're in a caloric defecit, but you're looking for trouble if you're anywhere around the 0.25g per lb of bodyweight.

But unless your a 180lb BB eating 1g per 1lb works out at summit like 1620 calories from fat then 180g of protein at summit like 720 calories that's 2340 calories before you add your carbs.
Way to much for the average joe off a football forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back