Break up of a relationship/marriage

That is a very fair point ‘landlord’🤪😂

Do you fancy opening up about that? I think there’s more people than we’d realise have been through or are living with a narcissist and don’t realise
I agree, I have been involved with many over the years have a child with one and I also have a mother with it. Once your aware of what Narcisstic Personality Disorder is its so easy to spot a narc. They are evil. The mind games are unreal then the discard at the end. Mentally scars people and hard to recover from the abuse

If you can openly talk to others about the role you played in the breakdown and accept any criticism then you are free- sailed too close to the wind mesel this year- changes had to be made or it was permanent doghouse

Its strange knowing what a bastard you can be

Been there, done it and lost. Was for the best in the end mind

I agree, I have been involved with many over the years have a child with one and I also have a mother with it. Once your aware of what Narcisstic Personality Disorder is its so easy to spot a narc. They are evil. The mind games are unreal then the discard at the end. Mentally scars people and hard to recover from the abuse
I was with one for 18mths, nearly destroyed me. Ended up being a completely different person to who I am. Ditched some very good friends who have been integral in my recovery, can’t thank them enough. Best thing I did was go to therapy though, initially for a reality check to make sure I wasn’t making up what I was experiencing (like narcissist have you believe). Ended up doing a load of work to avoid being with a narcissist again. I’d highly recommend it to anyone who has been in that horrible soul destroying situation

I was with one for 18mths, nearly destroyed me. Ended up being a completely different person to who I am. Ditched some very good friends who have been integral in my recovery, can’t thank them enough. Best thing I did was go to therapy though, initially for a reality check to make sure I wasn’t making up what I was experiencing (like narcissist have you believe). Ended up doing a load of work to avoid being with a narcissist again. I’d highly recommend it to anyone who has been in that horrible soul destroying situation
That sounds such a sadly familiar story. Sorry to hear. The effects these parasites have on men and women can be similar to PTSD.

It all depends how committed you were to it. Took me longer to get over my first post-marriage gf of 6 months than it did my marriage of 16 years.

Aye, agreed. Can completely relate to that.
I reckon that’ll be far more common than either of us imagine.
Some of it will be genuine, some of it will be an almost natural psychological reaction f***ing with our minds :lol:🤯

Last edited:
This is the only sensible post I’m going to make on the subject unless asked about it...if you’re feeling like that then I’d highly recommend seeing a pyschotherapist, not a councillor, but a proper shrink. They work wonders, will get to the route of why you feel a failure and help you come to terms with it. Once you’ve been you’ll wonder why you never went sooner and you’ll view life in a whole different light
I should have added that I have done that and I agree with what you’ve said. I feel much happier now.

It all depends how committed you were to it. Took me longer to get over my first post-marriage gf of 6 months than it did my marriage of 16 years.
That sounds mental in theory but totally agree because I’m going through that now.

Even though I’ve actually met someone else now which is going great I can’t help think ‘what if’ with the first lass I went out with after my marriage ended.

Back