Bread Products World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

lofty said:
you won't be saying that later when you've had 12 pints of stella and are ordering a vindaloo in the Star of India (fictional curry house)!

I thought french bread pizza would win it on its own, throw in bacon and sausage buttie and tuna salad gaguette and I thought they'd stroll it.

And thats without even bringing on poorly persons favourite, tomato soup.

An amazing result when you think about it.

Jasp Sports Online

FIBPA President Speaks Out

FIPBA President Mr Steak Pie has given us his reaction to the result in The Warburtons Stadium.

"I'm incredulous I really am. This was going to be the Tournament when a new wave of exciting, attacking breads was going to take home the cup." Mr Pie went on to state that "once again, it's brawn over beauty".

Often outspoken Mr Pie felt that the game had come into a degree of disrepute due to the nature of some of the games. He said, "I'm not saying they (naan) don't deserve it, they played a great tournament, started slowly (only second in their group) and turned it on when it really mattered." Mr Pie did however single out two players for praise. "Well done everyone involved in the Naan camp, especially chicken kebab and lamb dansak, well played".

Mr Pie continues to deny rumours he was attached in illegal betting rings prior to the final.

He stated, "I deny all rumours I was involved in an illegal betting ring."

Last edited:
lofty said:
Alright then shandy if you must :roll:

I don't meant to take out my disappointment on the lovely lofty, just struggling to come to terms with losing such a big game.

Jasper said:
Jasp Sports Online

FIBPA President Speaks Out

FIPBA President Mr Steak Pie has given us his reaction to the result in The Warburtons Stadium.

"I'm incredulous I really am. This was going to be the Tournament when a new wave of exciting, attacking breads was going to take home the cup." Mr Pie went on to state that "once again, it's brawn over beauty".

Often outspoken Mr Pie felt that the game had come into a degree of disrepute due to the nature of some of the games. He said, "I'm not saying they (naan) don't deserve it, they played a great tournament, started slowly (only second in their group) and turned it on when it really mattered." Mr Pie did however single out two players for praise. "Well done everyone involved in the Naan camp, especially chicken kebab and lamb dansak, well played".

Mr Pie continues to deny rumours he was attached in illegal betting rings prior to the final.

I deny all rumours I was involved in an illegal betting ring.

burge said:
I don't meant to take out my disappointment on the lovely lofty, just struggling to come to terms with losing such a big game.

That's ok, I understand how frustrating losing is.

Hooorrraaaahhh!!! The right result in the end as Naan is the only bread I still eat (despite it making me poorly).

I wish, on behalf of bread product fans everywhere, to offer my heartiest congratulations to all the competitors and especially Steak for all his hard work.

I can't believe it's over! :cry:

Make no mistake here, bread products were the REAL winner. It's been a great Tournament with some great games. I'm sure you'll agree, matches such as the 2nd round clash between White Sliced v Stottie will live on in the memory of bread fans everywhere.

Great games, great players, great goals. Thats what it's all about.

They take the cup to all four corners of the bakery during their lap of honour

Steak, thankee thankee thankee, for what has been the most enjoyable thread I can remember, you are a prince.

Please could we have a final results table? if not that is cool, I don't want to hassle you

CatRyan said:
can we play you every week?

mwa ha ha ha ha

Now now Cat, there's no place for sour grapes at the end of such a well run competition, Naan is magnanimous in victory.

Just to tie up those loose ends, and so that if you missed any you can fill in your BPWC wall chart........

GROUP A
Garlic Bread
Naan

Milk Loaf
Scotch Bread

GROUP B
Tea Cake
Focaccia

Bloomer
Brioche

GROUP C
Ciabatta
White Sliced

Wholemeal
Tiger Bread

GROUP D
Stottie
Croissant

Seseme Seed Bun
Roti Chani

GROUP E
Bread Buns (Baps)
Oven Bottom Muffins

Soda Bread
Mighty White

GROUP F
Pitta
French Stick

Bagel
Finger Roll

GROUP G
Crumpet
Grissini

Pumpernickel
Rye Bread

GROUP H
Granary Loaf
White Crusty

Tortilla
Chapati

From that we progressed to the 2nd round line-up where heavyweights Stottie and White Sliced can feel unlucky to have drawn each other so early.(teams in bold qualified)

Garlic Bread v Focaccia
Chiabatta v Croissant
Tea Cake v Naan
Stottie v White Sliced
Bread Buns v French Stick
Crumpet v White Crusty
Pitta v Oven Muffins
Grissini v Granary Loaf

The Quarter Finals saw new favourites Garlic Bread tumble out in another titanic struggle, while White Sliced (obviously still feeling the effects of their 2nd Round game) capitulated badly to the eventual Champs......

Garlic Bread v Croissant
Naan v White Sliced
French Stick v Crusty White
Pitta v Granary Loaf

The Semis saw two fairly straightforward ties, where the favourites eased through.

Croissant v French Stick
Naan v Granary

Which left us with an great game for third, taken by croissant.

Croissant v Granary

And we can all be thankful that the final lived up to all expectations, after a flying start, they were pegged back by half time, only to dominant the second half, leaving the final score:

Naan 12 French Stick 8

The FiBPa SMB BPWC World Champions 2006

NAAN

man now we have to wait 4 years for another :cry:

and I nominate this Official Guide to the FiBPa World Cup 2006 to be engoldified.

Last edited:
Gold!

Right that's it, I'm off to slink home dejectedly out of this thread with the other Crusty White supporters to dream of future victories.

BUT WE WILL RISE AGAIN!

But before we go we're going to do over the Fans of the Granary and smash the town center up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back