Bread Products World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak Pie said:
Isn't that a cracker type bread substitute?

No, it's Jewish unleavened bread (i.e.no yeast) but it is bread.

From Wikipedia:

Matzo
(also Matzoh, Matzah, Matza, Hebrew מַצָּה maṣṣā) is a Jewish food item made of plain flour and water, which is not allowed to ferment or rise before it is baked. The result is a flat, crispy, cracker-like bread.

Pebbles said:
Aye. Still only three minutes to lunchtime!

I'm still mystified as to how this contest works but fascinated nonetheless.

Hope you enjoyed lunchtime - mine was a bit of a disaster, got all the way round asda to get lunch and tea stuff, arrived at the checkout only to realise my purse was still on my desk - d'oh

Steak Pie said:
Would be a cake in my book, but I'm open to arguments.

And it mings.

Malt loaf is definitely bread, not cake. Doesn't the inclusion of eggs make the difference?

You never know - by the end of the day you could have a full qualifying round to do first!

lofty said:
Hope you enjoyed lunchtime - mine was a bit of a disaster, got all the way round asda to get lunch and tea stuff, arrived at the checkout only to realise my purse was still on my desk - d'oh

I did that not too long ago - fortunately it was just in the local newsagents and I only wanted the local paper and a packet of Giant Smarties.

Steak Pie said:
Would be a cake in my book, but I'm open to arguments.

And it mings.

Inclusion of the word "loaf" makes it bread, and you spread butter on it therefore not cake

swindon mag said:
Matzos and malt loaf are not bread.

FACT

Thats what I say, but it's a democracy here. If theres a persuasive argument for losing one and replacing it, I'm listening (watching)........

Right, nominations closed and due to the lack of any persuasive arguments, the list stands. The draw will be done on Sunday and the group stages will commence on Monday.

Bet you can't wait. :-D

Busy busy, didn't get a chance to put them up today......

The draw was done last night by a rather bemused Mrs Pie, Group A as follows......

Naan
Garlic Bread
Scotch Bread
Milk Loaf

Please vote for your group winners and runners up, we'll award 2 points for your group winners, 1 for your runners up, all points added up and the top two will qualify for the knockout stages.

One vote each, closing at 3.00pm tomorrow......

Steak Pie said:
Busy busy, didn't get a chance to put them up today......

The draw was done last night by a rather bemused Mrs Pie, Group A as follows......

Naan
Garlic Bread
Scotch Bread
Milk Loaf

Please vote for your group winners and runners up, we'll award 2 points for your group winners, 1 for your runners up, all points added up and the top two will qualify for the knockout stages.

One vote each, closing at 3.00pm tomorrow......
Garlic Bread 1st
Naan 2nd

:confused::confused::lol::oops:

1st naan
2nd garlic

(although it depends on what sort of naan really. I once got a peshwari naan with honey all over it. with a curry. was a little on the sweet side like)

Hazey said:
1st naan
2nd garlic

(although it depends on what sort of naan really. I once got a peshwari naan with honey all over it. with a curry. was a little on the sweet side like)

I still have nightmares about a Naan served to me that had raisens in it. *shudder*

1. Garlic Bread
2. Milk Loaf

Steak Pie said:
I still have nightmares about a Naan served to me that had raisens in it. *shudder*

1. Garlic Bread
2. Milk Loaf

the peshwari can take many forms, and one of those is having the raisins in the middle. I like a peshwari naan but you can never be totally sure what you are getting so it's a bit of a minefield, the garlic naan is safer, but lacking alittle in excitement.

Steak Pie said:

1. Garlic Bread
2. Milk Loaf

Peshwari should have sultanas in it, not raisins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back