Brandon’s player ratings for the Sri Lanka series

Bit generous to Bairstow ? Played in a dead rubber, whilst he gave Curran a six, who played and contributed in winning live games

As did Keats who contributed an innings of 146 which was higher than bairstows, again in a live game

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit generous to Bairstow ? Played in a dead rubber, whilst he gave Curran a six, who played and contributed in winning live games

As did Keats who contributed an innings of 146 which was higher than bairstows, again in a live game

Jennings should get an extra point at least simply for his catching which was brilliant.

He should still be nowhere near the Ashes team though (for his weakness against good deal bowling as well as being a Saffa ;)).

Bairstow played 1 game and scored a 100, deserves at least an 8

Don't ge the leach rating, was our best bowler

Jennings should get an extra point at least simply for his catching which was brilliant.

He should still be nowhere near the Ashes team though (for his weakness against good deal bowling as well as being a Saffa ;)).

Take it one series at a time, winning becomes a habit, nothing better for the ashes than a win in the Windies

Bairstow played 1 game and scored a 100, deserves at least an 8

Don't ge the leach rating, was our best bowler

Take it one series at a time, winning becomes a habit, nothing better for the ashes than a win in the Windies
Keats played three, scored a higher ton, took some of the best catches seen, deserves at least a mark above Bairstow

Bairstow played once, the series was over.

To be fair, most openers are vulnerable against good seam bowlers in seam friendly conditions. Certainly can't think of anyone in the county circuit who is better than Jennings.

Keats played three, scored a higher ton, took some of the best catches seen, deserves at least a mark above Bairstow

Bairstow played once, the series was over.

Don't think he could do anything about that!

He was chucked in at a unfamiliar position where he does not normally bat and scored a hundred!

Score for Bairstow is a joke. Going off his 2018 form, I doubt he'd have scored another ton if he'd played all three games.

I think that's impossible to know!

Don't think he could do anything about that!

He was chucked in at a unfamiliar position where he does not normally bat and scored a hundred!

I think that's impossible to know!
One game though. Imo Keats did equally well but as always it’s just a pundits opinion

The mirror today has these marks

Burns 4
Keats 7
Bairstow 9. Can’t be having that either
Root 9
Stokes 8
Buttler 8
Moeen 8
Foakes 10
Rashid 7
Broad 5
Leach 9
Curran 7
Anderson 5

Bairstow rated as the joint second most important for that one innings?

One game though. Imo Keats did equally well but as always it’s just a pundits opinion

The mirror today has these marks

Burns 4
Keats 7
Bairstow 9. Can’t be having that either
Root 9
Stokes 8
Buttler 8
Moeen 8
Foakes 10
Rashid 7
Broad 5
Leach 9
Curran 7
Anderson 5

Bairstow rated as the joint second most important for that one innings?

I think you can only base marks of the games he played, as not his fault he did not play in the others,

Jennings managed 84 runs in his other 5 innings other than his hundred so was never going to get a really high score.

Buttler was my man of the series the way he assessed each game and wicket and adapted his game for that game situation.

I think you can only base marks of the games he played, as not his fault he did not play in the others,

Jennings managed 84 runs in his other 5 innings other than his hundred so was never going to get a really high score.

Buttler was my man of the series the way he assessed each game and wicket and adapted his game for that game situation.
The marks can only be based across the whole series. You could give Keats a 10 based on his 146 and world class catches in that one game

Root marked a 9 same as Bairstow. Now imo has had a more worthy series than Bairstow, yet ranked the same from one game?

Same goes for leach

England’s Ben Foakes and Ben Stokes turn setbacks into success

Enjoyed this by Vic Marks

Similar piece by Atherton in the times

The praise for Stokes is apparent by everyone out there, his impact goes way beyond his stats, he is pretty much the most important player, and since he has come back in his professionalism and dedication has gone up massively.

He was already a world star and was the best player in the IPL before the fight happened, but maybe this will be the making of him.

I hope that the idiots at the ECB panel don't ban him more, I think there would be outcry from the team and management and I don't think they'd accept it, nor should they.

Back