Bradford away on sale Monday

My nephew lives 3 miles away...will suss out both pub n parking from him
I've been looking at The Cartwright Hotel. Looks like it has a decent size bar, street parking and 15 minutes walk to the ground. Ask him what he thinks?

whats it like for boozers? do the branch busses usually stop on the way somewhere and arrive for kick off?
Bradford arms is the default pub, not very big. The Corn Dolly is about 15 minutes walk on the other side of the train lines. Yeadon is normally a popular stop off with the branches and has a canny size Wetherspoons.

Last edited:
I've been looking at The Cartwright Hotel. Looks like it has a decent size bar, street parking and 15 minutes walk to the ground. Ask him what he thinks?

Bradford arms is the default pub, not very big. The Corn Dolly is about 15 minutes walk on the other side of the train lines. Yeadon is normally a popular stop off with the branches and has a canny size Wetherspoons.
Scratters not welcome

Otley is worth a visit , about 15 pubs

I assume you're coming in from that direction? As the Cartwright Hotel is away from the town centre but the right side of town for the ground.

Guisely is ok , few pubs , not far from Bradford, otley is 5 minutes down the road , Shipley is good , not far to the ground

If you're thinking of Shipley then go to Saltaire, as it's, you know...nice.

Last edited:
I assume you're coming in from that direction? As the Cartwright Hotel is away from the town centre but the right side of town for the ground.

If you're thinking of Shipley then go to Saltaire, as it's, you know...nice.
Into Yeadon then follow the 658 into Bradford. The Cartwright is just a suggestion at the minute. Any ideas what it's like?

Into Yeadon then follow the 658 into Bradford. The Cartwright is just a suggestion at the minute. Any ideas what it's like?

I must have been past a thousand times but never been in. I'm sure it will be decent though. As an aside, it's right in the heart of one of the large Asian parts of Bradford (as is the ground really).

The surrounding suburbs like Yeadon, Bingley, Guiseley, Otley etc. should all provide ample boozers, but as I said earlier if you can get to Saltaire then that's a lovely village, and not too far away from the ground (a 5-10 minute drive from the Cartwright).

I must have been past a thousand times but never been in. I'm sure it will be decent though. As an aside, it's right in the heart of one of the large Asian parts of Bradford (as is the ground really).

The surrounding suburbs like Yeadon, Bingley, Guiseley, Otley etc. should all provide ample boozers, but as I said earlier if you can get to Saltaire then that's a lovely village, and not too far away from the ground (a 5-10 minute drive from the Cartwright).
I'd be happy doing that, but like I said earlier me fatha likes to get parked. My experience of away games in the Midlands is that Asian pub owners are pretty accommodating as they know we'll spend money. I'm assuming Bradford is similar. I've been to Yeadon a few times (on my way to Bradford and when flying on holiday) it's nothing like Bradford itself. Like in the Midlands the Asian population seems to be near the town centres and the traditional folk have moved to the villages.

I'd be happy doing that, but like I said earlier me fatha likes to get parked. My experience of away games in the Midlands is that Asian pub owners are pretty accommodating as they know we'll spend money. I'm assuming Bradford is similar. I've been to Yeadon a few times (on my way to Bradford and when flying on holiday) it's nothing like Bradford itself. Like in the Midlands the Asian population seems to be near the town centres and the traditional folk have moved to the villages.

The Cartwright should be a good bet then as you're walking distance to the ground.

With regards the Midlands, are you referring to The Vine by any chance?

Back