Boy/Girl Bands

Sound of the Underground
Love Machine
Jump (especially with Hugh Grant dancing about at Christmas time)
Something Kinda Ooooh

And that's it. I listened to a couple of others to remind meself how they go but they're not 'good' like.

They're alreet anarl actually.

:lol: Fuckin' hell, what?!

I did however recently come to the conclusion that Adele is merely the Celine Dion of the 2010s... only not nearly as good.

Me ma loved Celine like - so unfortunately I kna all the words to her mid-90s hit. :neutral:

Good in their field. Obviously wouldn't stand up against anything off Revolver or Abbey Road, but they're way better than the usual manufactured pop.
Better than anything Elbow or somebody have ever done.

‘When Will I Be Famous’ Bros.
Any chart hit song that mentions Karl Marx in the lyrics has got to be there. Pure saccharine rush of a pop tune.

Also:
‘Shine’ Years and Years
‘Bulletproof’ La Roux

Last edited:
Jelly Head by Krush , now that just about epitomises the genre of talentless , manufactured, no input in writing or production or anything, created to cash in etc etc boy/ girl bands - once you can see past that there are tunes to enjoy , as demonstrated on this thread.

I still can't see it with Little Mix tho , "shot with shite " to one an all on that one :)

Call the shots - Girls aloud.
Patience - Take That.

Both very good songs imo.
Now I've got young kids you listen to a lot of Little Mix etc and its alright. Its harmless commercial highly catchy songs that are aimed at that school age market. I've never understood the grief it gets from the trendys when its clearly not aimed at them. Nobody ever slates cbeebies programes for not being hip or trendy so boy / girl band pop shouldn't get it either.

Back