Boy/Girl Bands

I found myself tapping my hands on the car steering wheel to the sound by the 1975 on the way home from work today :lol:

Songs you like by acts from said genre
And not embarrassed to admit it

Sound of the Underground - Girls Aloud
Girls Aloud had a few bangers to be fair like. And for the most part were very pleasant to look at too. Love Machine was one. Remember a few being quite guitar-riff driven like that one and the one you mention. Probably due to a lot of indie-guitar music coming to the fore round about the same time they came out.

Little Mix's Black Magic was a good 'un.

Boy bands tend to be dreadful, but we've probably all been there pissed up when the 5ive megamix comes on....

I reckon there's about 8 or 10 good girls aloud tunes.
Sound of the Underground
Love Machine
Jump (especially with Hugh Grant dancing about at Christmas time)
Something Kinda Ooooh

And that's it. I listened to a couple of others to remind meself how they go but they're not 'good' like.

All of them.
Also like Love Machine, Call The Shots, The Loving Kind, Can't Speak French, No Good Advice and The Show.

Better than the usual manufactured girl band rubbish.

Also quite like 2 Become 1 and Stop! By the Spice Girls
They're alreet anarl actually.

Fuck me Cluffy, as if your credibility wasn’t already shot to bits by your admiration for a certain Celine Dion, now this?

Logging off won’t work for you matey, it’s witness protection only!
:lol: Fuckin' hell, what?!

I did however recently come to the conclusion that Adele is merely the Celine Dion of the 2010s... only not nearly as good.

Me ma loved Celine like - so unfortunately I kna all the words to her mid-90s hit. :neutral:

Last edited:

Back