Boy George & Culture Club

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

The documentary on BBC 4 that he did about growing up in the 70s and his influences was excellent but the concert that followed was dire in the extreme...mind you it was shite first time round.

Everyone of a certain age can remember when Boy George and Culture Club were first on TOTP. And everyone's Dad asked the question 'Is that a boy or a girl?' or words to that effect! :lol:
Not just their Dads. We were at Uni and I still remember coming out with the immortal line, “it’s a woman man!” Which, apart from being one of the times it finally dawned on me that I did indeed have an accent they’d all taken the piss out of for ages, was also a pretty accurate summary.

It was a bit of a thing back then. Adam & the Ants did similar as did a few others. The ”tribal beat” thing.

Gary Glitter did this.
Among the many times I saw him live (and you can all GFY, he was absolutely superb on the college circuit in the eighties) he would often have two drummers - one with a standard kit and one with a Simmons.

But James Brown once toured with four drummers IIRC. Saw a documentary recently where Bootsy was on about his baptism of fire audition or summat and he showed up to play with four drum sets lines up across the stage.

Gary Glitter did this.
Among the many times I saw him live (and you can all GFY, he was absolutely superb on the college circuit in the eighties) he would often have two drummers - one with a standard kit and one with a Simmons.

But James Brown once toured with four drummers IIRC. Saw a documentary recently where Bootsy was on about his baptism of fire audition or summat and he showed up to play with four drum sets lines up across the stage.
Adam & the ants copied Glitter with he two drum kits

Back