Boxing

Anybody do it on here?

Absolutely love it and fighting in Glasgow on March the 24th for cancer research through the UWCB. They do events regularly in the north east too.

Thought I was ‘relatively’ fit with 5-a-side & 7-a-side until I did this :lol: the first night in training I would have looked like a drink driver on the way back as I could barely feel the arms and had to ‘tense’ up just to keep the wheel straight :lol:

If anybody fancies donating directly to cancer research on the following link then please do so! (Anar anar anar throwing that in there!) Getting my face smashed for a good cause!

Read Jonny's story

More importantly just curious if anyone does boxing on here and any tips will be gladly noted! ;)

I’ve done a bit of pugilistics - my advice would be to hit your opponent more than s/he hits you.

I’d imagine that would help! :lol:

I think it’s just as important to be able to take a hit than just punch it. Anytime I take a jab in sparring it’s on my left side of my jaw I seem to get it. I’m not technically knowledgeable enough yet as to how and why I’m getting hit there apart from the fact it’ll be ‘open’ to the opponent.

It’s such a mix, our training sparring entails changing sparring colleague on each round and I get compliments of ‘that left hook is lethal’, ‘toughest spar yet’ then I got paired up with a polish nutter who cracked me a belter at least twice, I was still game and held my own but you really are ‘the best’ one minute, then brought right back down to earth the next. Getting hit doesn’t bother me though, helps condition you for it.

Used to box amateur and been training and sparring a bit recently. Try and find mental techniques to stay relaxed. Everything flows easier when nice and relaxed and you'll expend less energy.

Used to box amateur and been training and sparring a bit recently. Try and find mental techniques to stay relaxed. Everything flows easier when nice and relaxed and you'll expend less energy.

Makes a lot of sense that to be fair and appreciate the advice. It explains why the main trainer is always saying “relax, relax” anyway :lol:

Anybody do it on here?

Absolutely love it and fighting in Glasgow on March the 24th for cancer research through the UWCB. They do events regularly in the north east too.

Thought I was ‘relatively’ fit with 5-a-side & 7-a-side until I did this :lol: the first night in training I would have looked like a drink driver on the way back as I could barely feel the arms and had to ‘tense’ up just to keep the wheel straight :lol:

If anybody fancies donating directly to cancer research on the following link then please do so! (Anar anar anar throwing that in there!) Getting my face smashed for a good cause!

Read Jonny's story

More importantly just curious if anyone does boxing on here and any tips will be gladly noted! ;)
@LondonMackem loves a slap (self-inflicted) and a slapper now and again.

Don't overthink it and train as if you know your opponent will also train just as hard. I stopped a lad in the 3rd when I did it and had never thrown at a pad in my life til 10 weeks out. As long as you know you've put in more miles than he has you can't go far wrong. Stay relaxed or you'll make mistakes.

Boxing is hard like, I've done a bit of training just for the crack but the art that goes into it is the hardest bit by a mile, just learning not to leave your chin exposed when ya throw I found the hardest bit.

class for fitness. Used to do it a lot but getting punched in the head is not nice like. Dunno how people take multiple punches to the head and keep going. Never got knocked down but even with a head guard it rocks you to the core. Maybe I’m just a soft shite.

Anybody do it on here?

Read Jonny's story

So... did you win?

class for fitness. Used to do it a lot but getting punched in the head is not nice like. Dunno how people take multiple punches to the head and keep going. Never got knocked down but even with a head guard it rocks you to the core. Maybe I’m just a soft shite.
Are there decent places in Sunderland todo it just for fitness

Are there decent places in Sunderland todo it just for fitness

Tuesdays and Thursdays 7pm at Lambton Street do a fitness/boxing session. It's good like, only £3. Do a bit of fitness and also do some pad work, bags, sparring, technical stuff, etc. all relaxed atmosphere and no dickheads. If you are any good they will train you up for the team if you were looking to take it further.

Lambton Street boxing been about as long as I can remember (and im old).

Lambton Street Boxingclub

Tuesdays and Thursdays 7pm at Lambton Street do a fitness/boxing session. It's good like, only £3. Do a bit of fitness and also do some pad work, bags, sparring, technical stuff, etc. all relaxed atmosphere and no dickheads. If you are any good they will train you up for the team if you were looking to take it further.

Lambton Street boxing been about as long as I can remember (and im old).

Lambton Street Boxingclub
Cheers marra just fancied the fitness not getting punched in face bit.

Back