Boxing Day Dip 2018

tunstallhill

Striker
Anyone done it before or doing it this year? Is there owt stopping you giving the £25 entry fee to charity, throwing on your spider man costume and just having a dip along with the others?

I didn't realise how 'organised' it was

Did it a few years ago for Meningitis Research.
Really enjoyed it , atmosphere was excellent.
Would recommend it to anyone.

The idea is to raise money for local charities so they’d not want people just paying and not raising.

How about you just run in the sea by yourself along at Roker?

The idea is to raise money for local charities so they’d not want people just paying and not raising.

How about you just run in the sea by yourself along at Roker?

yeah i realise that. going to set up a just giving page and just pay the £25 and do it properly. didn't realise there was that much organisation involved that it cost £25 per person. unless the organisers then give that money to charity? guess i'd never really thought about it

yeah i realise that. going to set up a just giving page and just pay the £25 and do it properly. didn't realise there was that much organisation involved that it cost £25 per person. unless the organisers then give that money to charity? guess i'd never really thought about it
I think less any running costs it goes to charity.

Aye, it’s a proper organised event.

There’s a Boxing Day dip on the slope beach at Seaham , it’s £5 and you register on the day . We’ve been through the last couple of years an it’s pretty well attended .

Me granda, god rest his soul, was one of the founders. Must have raised millions over the years. I did it once out of loyalty, and didn't see me bollocks for a week. :eek::lol:
Think @Butcher's Coat has probably done it a few times.

Back