Dame Deborah James - RIP

King Kareoke

Striker

Can I just say as a survivor of Bowel Cancer that Deborah James has been such an inspiration and I know how lucky I have been - I have seen my girls grow up - she won't see her family grow

If you watch her last interview it is an incredibly difficult watch and extremely sad - but she has approached her illness with amazing positivity

The fund has raised an incredible amount of money

Well done and well deserved for her efforts

Naga Munchetty was sobbing like a baby reading out her message about going into palliative care the other day. I hadn't heard of Deborah James up to that point put apparently gained a massive following from her podcast. Brought back memories of Hazey and Foggy who shared stories of their battles with cancer - bless them all.

Naga Munchetty was sobbing like a baby reading out her message about going into palliative care the other day. I hadn't heard of Deborah James up to that point put apparently gained a massive following from her podcast. Brought back memories of Hazey and Foggy who shared stories of their battles with cancer - bless them all.

The podcast was/is exceptional - Deborah James, Rachael Bland (who died maybe 3 years ago) and Lauren Mahon, who has been on the BBC a lot today paying tribute to Deborah James.

Don't know what I would do in her situation. It terrifies me.
I've seen it happen in real life, it's horrifying. My brother was diagnosed in the January of 2012, he died November 2012 after countless operations and chemo.
Watching him die broke my heart, I've never gotten over it and I cried seeing Deborah on the TV the other day.
I am in awe of her bravery, in awe of her battle, in awe of her fundraising, in awe of her humility but I know what is to come and it's upsetting to think about.
Cancer is a ****, I have a genetic mutation (lynch syndrome) which makes me very high risk for colon cancer, I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb 😪

Back