Bowel Cancer Self Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Bladder Cancer sufferer who ended up having to have my Bladder removed I can't stress the need to have any abnormalities checked out loud enough, blood in your poo or pee are warning signs and for christ sake don't ignore any testing procedure. Oh and one more if you're over 50 and male ask your GP to do a PSA check for Prostate Cancer

Love a camera up the bot me (well I love the ridiculous amounts of farting afterwards :lol:).

f***ing hell :eek: You're indestructible :cool:

No I'm not. Just very very lucky. Every time I got medical attention at a very early stage. Don't be butch. You got a niggle get it attended to. Seriously. Talked to a consultant some years ago after 3 cancers. He said Mr HerdNMulhall, the odds of you surviving these three cancers are 8000 to 1.
Since then I have had prostrate cancer, a truly fmcked up botched prostrate cancer op and a resultant heart attack. You, I, anyone out there, you got a niggle anywhere get it checked out.
Hope you, and all of you all live a long and healthy life. But listen early attention saves lives.

No I'm not. Just very very lucky. Every time I got medical attention at a very early stage. Don't be butch. You got a niggle get it attended to. Seriously. Talked to a consultant some years ago after 3 cancers. He said Mr HerdNMulhall, the odds of you surviving these three cancers are 8000 to 1.
Since then I have had prostrate cancer, a truly fmcked up botched prostrate cancer op and a resultant heart attack. You, I, anyone out there, you got a niggle anywhere get it checked out.
Hope you, and all of you all live a long and healthy life. But listen early attention saves lives.

I've never been one of those types marra, if my body gives me a sign im straight to the docs. Hats off to you though.

A CT scan or similar can't take samples of any abnormal areas so it wouldn't be cost effective. A colonoscopy can spot, treat and take samples all at the same time so that is usually carried out first
Me dad has had the camera, not sure of specific terminology, but it was that which identified the tumour, a CT and an ultrasound all in less than 2 weeks. So the consultant will have every angle I'm guessing and hoping

I've never been one of those types marra, if my body gives me a sign im straight to the docs. Hats off to you though.
And I did nothing but sought medical attention.
And all facts are friendly
And 11 years ago when the man said this is terminal I fought and twisted and challenged and just got on with it.
I had lung cancer.
To anyone who reads this despite me surviving 4 cancers and a heart attack just walk into tomorrow with the most open and accepting heart and what possibly can go wrong. There is a balance between fear and acceptance. Accept the reality and then just show you are a Mackem. We are a very special breed.

And I did nothing but sought medical attention.
And all facts are friendly
And 11 years ago when the man said this is terminal I fought and twisted and challenged and just got on with it.
I had lung cancer.
To anyone who reads this despite me surviving 4 cancers and a heart attack just walk into tomorrow with the most open and accepting heart and what possibly can go wrong. There is a balance between fear and acceptance. Accept the reality and then just show you are a Mackem. We are a very special breed.
How fantastic, an inspiration and a hope for people. Us Mackems are definitely a breed apart.

I occasionally have blood in my stools(mainly after a canny drink) and a lot of the time it's more of a slurry than solid. I think maybe I should make an appointment at the quacks. Good luck @Wicksy, fingers crossed for you marra.
I'm 43 btw.

I occasionally have blood in my stools(mainly after a canny drink) and a lot of the time it's more of a slurry than solid. I think maybe I should make an appointment at the quacks. Good luck @Wicksy, fingers crossed for you marra.
I'm 43 btw.
Stop thinking and start acting for your families sake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back