bowel cancer screening

not sure whether this is right thread but c4 tonight ( just finished ) is about your gut etc, might be some useful tips ( think its called know your shit )

Got my next colonoscopy at the end of February, not looking forward to the picolax/ bowel prep but I am looking forward to the drugs on the day. Fingers crossed it's clear, I'm honestly sick of these things now, this will be about number 12 FFS.

Got my next colonoscopy at the end of February, not looking forward to the picolax/ bowel prep but I am looking forward to the drugs on the day. Fingers crossed it's clear, I'm honestly sick of these things now, this will be about number 12 FFS.
ive got my follow up 3 monthly appointment in a couple of weeks.. everything has been removed.. and on the phone this week about it they said id be getting the pre pack.. which i said i hated and it was horrendous and i asked for an enima instead which i had on my second surgey.. she consulted my surgoen and rang me back about 30 minutes later and said the enima is fine.. so its worth ringing and asking mate.. cause as you say that pre prep is truelly awful..

ive got my follow up 3 monthly appointment in a couple of weeks.. everything has been removed.. and on the phone this week about it they said id be getting the pre pack.. which i said i hated and it was horrendous and i asked for an enima instead which i had on my second surgey.. she consulted my surgoen and rang me back about 30 minutes later and said the enima is fine.. so its worth ringing and asking mate.. cause as you say that pre prep is truelly awful..
Thanks for that, that's why I ask for picolax, I can't drink moviprep lol. With the enema do you still have to fast the day before ?

I've refused all tests sent me, I'm 76, but would recommend everyone to get one. I don't have family or dependents so any problems I have will be mine alone.

can i ask you why you refused them for mate.. the hardest part is the prep before the procedure.. the actual procedure is nowt..
I don't have a single reason but basically I don't get ill, no cancer in the family, although we've all had benign cancers, no heart problems, no flu, I keep fit and eat properly, don't smoke or drink, still sexually active and have a positive attitude at all times.

I'm not physically 76, most guess me at early 50's, but how I manage that I wouldn't discuss in the open forum but I'd tell you in PM.

Had mine today, no polyps or cancer found - the fentanyl and other drugs were canny but I'm groggy as fuck 🤣
The consultant had me in tears though started telling me that the more colonoscopies you have, the higher the risk for bowel tears FFS, I've had over 10 and it didn't fill me with optimism :confused:

Had mine today, no polyps or cancer found - the fentanyl and other drugs were canny but I'm groggy as fuck 🤣
The consultant had me in tears though started telling me that the more colonoscopies you have, the higher the risk for bowel tears FFS, I've had over 10 and it didn't fill me with optimism :confused:
aye the form you fill in is mint.. do you consent to the sedative.. do you consent to a blood transfusion.. ha they sneak that one in.. 😄

Back